Best 3 Pin slider?

Hello all! I am going to upgrade my bow sight from a fixed four pin used mainly for stand/blind hunting to a slider to use for Western hunting within the next couple seasons. I am contemplating getting a single or three pin slider. What are some of my best options in the 100-150$ range? What should I be looking for going to these sights as I've only ever used fixed pin? Thanks!

JStol5

WKR
You won’t find much in that price range. I’d recommend buying a used higher end sight.

jpe5714

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Spot Hogg Triple Stack. 3 vertical pins are much easier to aim(for my aging eyes). I know they're expensive, but worth every penny. Check out the classifieds on here and Archerytalk. And if you do get one and don't like it, you won't have a problem selling it. Black Golds are great sights, but have plastic on the sliding mechanism. I know because my buddy snapped his scope off the sight in Wyoming on a backcountry horseback elk hunt. His bow was in a scabbard and I guess his horse either layed down(he said it didn't) or it rubbed against a tree. After that I sold my BG's and bought Spot Hoggs...no plastic in those.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Yeah, maybe used, but new not likely.

Regarding sights, both Spot Hog and Black Gold seem to be super solid. I've had both and like my Black Gold.

I bought a simple 3 pin slider and removed 1 pin so it's a 2 pin. It gets me super accurate up to 45 yards with my top pin set at 30 yards and bottom ends up being about 42. Hold under is super easy under 30.

nphunter

WKR
I’ve had great luck with my CBE Tek Hybrid, I’ve been shooting a 5 pin since 2013 and have had 3 pins versions on my wife and kids bows and they’ve been awesome sights. They can be found for $100-150 pretty regularly. I can shoot out to about 130 yards with my 5 pin and a 280fps bow.

powds

Lil-Rokslider
Love using the spot Hogg fast Eddie, definitely more expensive but it’ll handle almost anything you can throw at it, super accurate and easy to set

Hello all! I am going to upgrade my bow sight from a fixed four pin used mainly for stand/blind hunting to a slider to use for Western hunting within the next couple seasons. I am contemplating getting a single or three pin slider. What are some of my best options in the 100-150$ range? What should I be looking for going to these sights as I've only ever used fixed pin? Thanks!
Try to save some more and get a mbg mtn lite. It’s a great sight at any price and is cheaper than about anything else with the features it has (3rd axis, dual pointers)

It’s the closest to perfect of any sight I’ve used. I’m currently shooting a 3 pin fast Eddie, but I don’t really care for it compared to the mtn lite.

A custom mtn lite from s&s archery, top pin .019, bottom two .010, all green is my next sight, and they are priced great for what they are, and it doesn’t noticeably change the balance of your bow like a spot hogg does, and they have better pins.

I think it’s not cost effective to buy a 100$ slider, get a good sight now, and you’ll have it for several bows… that’s my suggestion

The option archery canyon pounder looks pretty legit too if you add 500$ more to your budget 😂

nphunter

WKR
I’ve had great luck with my CBE Tek Hybrid, I’ve been shooting a 5 pin since 2013 and have had 3 pins versions on my wife and kids bows and they’ve been awesome sights. They can be found for $100-150 pretty regularly. I can shoot out to about 130 yards with my 5 pin and a 280fps bow.
Here’s a nice 5 pin slider looks like new. You can remove the 4&5th pins by loosening the Allen and sliding them out to make it a 3 pin. I’ve dragged this exact sight through so much brush and crawled across the desert with this bow so much in the last 10 years and it’s never let me down. It’s always held it’s zero and the slider works awesome, I can’t say enough good stuff about this sight.

Elkmagnet

FNG
Yeah, maybe used, but new not likely.

Regarding sights, both Spot Hog and Black Gold seem to be super solid. I've had both and like my Black Gold.

I bought a simple 3 pin slider and removed 1 pin so it's a 2 pin. It gets me super accurate up to 45 yards with my top pin set at 30 yards and bottom ends up being about 42. Hold under is super easy under 30.
I do the same with my MBG. Top pin is set for 30, bottom pin is set for 50. So I hold slightly under at 20, bracket the two pins at 40. Anything longer than 50 I'll range and adjust with slider. I've had really good luck with this system for many years.

I agree with others who have suggested MBG. I have used the spot hogg triple stack and the dual pin version. Both are excellent and are bomb proof but I couldn't get past the weight. I dabbled with an Ultraview UV3XL in the two pin hunter version (before they came out with the 3 horizontal pin version) It's a good sight, but I couldn't get past the brightness of the pins. There were times where against a brighter back ground i lost the pins. It could have just been my experience so I went back to Black gold. I am currently on my second custom MBG 3 pin. Black gold has a pretty good variety and you wouldn't go wrong with any in the slider line up. It comes down to how much you want to pay for the features most important to you.

WBrim

WKR
As stated above, keep an eye on the classifieds on here, and maybe try to up the budget just a bit. I’ve seen some great deals for high end gear selling cheap. You just have to keep watching if you’re looking for something specific.
Good luck