Bergara?

Mike26

FNG
What is everyone's thoughts on the Bergara b14 chambered in 300 win mag? I just purchased one because it was a very good deal. Really curious about their accuracy & quality. Keep it or unload it at a profit?

nobody

WKR
This is just one of several threads I’ve seen on here as well as other forums regarding modern Bergara performance in the last 6 months or so. I used to sing their praises, but have since changed my tune.

Here’s a thread regarding their customer service.

If I was you, I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place. But now that you have it, may as well fling some lead and see. Maybe you got a gem.

eric1115

WKR
This is just one of several threads I’ve seen on here as well as other forums regarding modern Bergara performance in the last 6 months or so. I used to sing their praises, but have since changed my tune.

If I was you, I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place. But now that you have it, may as well fling some lead and see. Maybe you got a gem.
This would be my input as well. I've been beyond pleased with my 7mm RM Ridge, from 3 or so years ago. Shot factory ammo great, and load development felt like cheating. Smooth bolt, easy cleaning early on (don't really clean it anymore). Good factory trigger. This has been the same as all from that production era I've seen.

I don't have personal experience with the newer production stuff, but reports have been... mixed. I hope they get their program sorted out, because they had so much going for them.

nobody

WKR
This would be my input as well. I've been beyond pleased with my 7mm RM Ridge, from 3 or so years ago. Shot factory ammo great, and load development felt like cheating. Smooth bolt, easy cleaning early on (don't really clean it anymore). Good factory trigger. This has been the same as all from that production era I've seen.

I don't have personal experience with the newer production stuff, but reports have been... mixed. I hope they get their program sorted out, because they had so much going for them.
Amen. Pre-January 2022 +/- they were a different company it seemed.

rootacres

WKR
I have experience with two bergaras. One was a 308 from 3-4 years ago. It shot factory accubonds very well for me. I sang its praises to my brother, he bought a 300 WM Wilderness Terrain model. It has shot well for him, he killed this bull at ~300 yds this last fall. That rifle was purchased August/September of 2022.

IMG_1950.jpeg

I’m OP of the second thread. Bergara took great care of me and rebarreled my 6.5 PRC. I think their rifles are great and if you get one that is a dud, call them.

I would keep your original factory box just in case and shoot it.

I’ve owned 3 bergaras. A wilderness ridge in 300wm, an approach in 25-06, and a mountain in 280ai. All 3 will shoot well under moa. Fit and finish are great. If I had a complaint, it would be their minimal caliber choice on a new rifle.

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought my b14 hmr 4 years ago. Shoots just over 1/2 MOA with factory and sub that with hand loads. I agree with everyone else....just shoot it and find out.