Bergara Ridge SP 6.5 Creed Opinions

Nwaneal

FNG
I wanted to see if anyone had some real life opinions on the Bergara Ridge SP in 6.5 Creedmore. This model has the 18” barrel.

Particularly interested in accuracy and how hard it is to find accurate ammo. I don’t reload myself and will be shooting hunting ammo. Preferable the Hornady Precision Hunter.

All help is appreciated!

Flyrodr

FNG
I've had one for a couple of years. Not a high round count gun, but it will shoot sub MOA when I can hold steady. The trigger is pretty good, and the action is very smooth. The only issue I have is that it's relatively heavy. Nice otherwise.

For me, the Hornady 140 gr ELD-M has been the most accurate factory load I've found, but the 143 gr ELD-X is close behind. S&B and some of the other less-than-premium loadings shoot pretty well (try until you find the best for your gun), and make good practice ammo. And nothing beats rounds down range. The ammo shortage appears to be easing, but I'd suggest checking regularly with any local shops, Ammoseek and other on-line sources.

Dsnow9

FNG
I have the same gun in .308 and love it. It is heavy and is getting a makeover this summer. Same thing as above. Definitely can’t go shoot a box through it without taking brakes, if you do it starts to walk a little. Shot 3 deer, 3 antelope, and a cow elk with it this year. All one shot kills and only missed one shot all season on another dear to improper hold over. Gave me no issues in the field.
3402CACB-3A41-4D58-B13A-D1226975B719.jpeg

OP
Nwaneal

Nwaneal

FNG
My biggest concern is if the short barrel will stabilize the heavy ELDX bullet for hunting. Gun is pretty heavy so I think it will be great for a deer stand gun.

Would love to hear some additional opinions.

Vince-C

FNG
I have the Wilderness Ridge SP in 6.5 CM and it shoots the heavy stuff really well. The Hornady 143 ELD-X is under 1/2 moa on a good day. I've shot it out to 300yds. It's a little heavy to pack around in the woods though and the factory stock isn't that great.