Bergara Canyon vs B14 Squared Crest?

Tmdtexan

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking hard at these two new rifles from Bergara after looking into the proof elevation mtr and fierce.

I really liked the feel of fhe fierce but have heard so many mixed reviews.

I love the feel of the proof elevation mtr but with a higher price tag.

What differences will I see with the Bergara canyon vs the squared crest?

Thanks!

Just purchased a Begara B14 Squared Crest in 6.5 CM online. I was looking at the Springfield Armory 2020 Waypoint in 6.5 CM but I started asking myself if a carbon fiber wrapped barrel was worth the extra $$ for a minimal weight difference and concluded that it was not. The Bergara B14 Crest is actually a slight bit lighter in weight with the 4140 CrMo steel fluted barrel than the SA 2020 Waypoint with a carbon fiber sleeve wrapped barrel. I think I will be very happy with my choice.

Just purchased a Begara B14 Squared Crest in 6.5 CM online. I was looking at the Springfield Armory 2020 Waypoint in 6.5 CM but I started asking myself if a carbon fiber wrapped barrel was worth the extra $$ for a minimal weight difference and concluded that it was not. The Bergara B14 Crest is actually a slight bit lighter in weight with the 4140 CrMo steel fluted barrel than the SA 2020 Waypoint with a carbon fiber sleeve wrapped barrel. I think I will be very happy with my choice.
I went through the same debate just in a different caliber. I arrived at the same conclusion. Picking up my Bergara tomorrow

IaArcher

FNG
I have a 308 Bergara coming this week. Scheels had one to handle. Love the stock and a lighter Bergara is nice!

How wre you guys who have picked up the Crest liking them? Haven't seen any real world feedback on these rifles yet.

IaArcher

FNG
shot 15 rounds through my 308 Crest yesterday. Norma 150 sp shot pretty good. Thats a 5 shot group. So far, it has been very fun and alot softer shooting than my 7mm Rem mag. I will be reloading for it to get the most out of it.

Attachments

• 20230408_100947.jpg
    20230408_100947.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230408_100909.jpg
    20230408_100909.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230404_172656.jpg
    20230404_172656.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 77

Brabell12

FNG
I was a few hours away from ordering a sig cross in 308, but after seeing this and discovering the b14 squared crest I am now in serious debate which one to get! Not a fan how picky sig crosses appear to be with finding the right load, might be rifle dependent but I have heard it more often than not. While Bergaras seem to shoot most everything quite well!

dzk45

FNG
I have been on the same debate with a fierce rogue and b14 crest in 300 win mag. Everyone is telling me to stay away from both......

Weldor

WKR
I went with the Fierce for weight. I have a Canadian long action Fury same weight as the bergara squared. Bought the Carbon Roque CT. 5.3 lbs. both mine are 6.5 PRC. The flier is first shot after bore sighting.. 100 yds. Group is from the Fury. Norma match.

Attachments

• prc~2.jpg
    prc~2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 14

dzk45

FNG
I went with the Fierce for weight. I have a Canadian long action Fury same weight as the bergara squared. Bought the Carbon Roque CT. 5.3 lbs. both mine are 6.5 PRC. The flier is first shot after bore sighting.. 100 yds. Group is from the Fury. Norma match.
Nice group, I hear the older Canadian made fierce like the fury are still great it’s the newer ones made in Utah like the rogue that apparently QC has gone down

I have been on the same debate with a fierce rogue and b14 crest in 300 win mag. Everyone is telling me to stay away from both......
Curious what feedback they provided as to why and avoid the Bergara, i don't recall reading anything negative about them.

dzk45

FNG
Curious what feedback they provided as to why and avoid the Bergara, i don't recall reading anything negative about them.
Mainly has been the typical QC gone downhill, customer service is terrible, had to send rifle back numerous times etc

Weldor

WKR
Haven’t had time to mess with the Roque. Going to break it in Saturday. Will let you guys know how it goes.

How wre you guys who have picked up the Crest liking them? Haven't seen any real world feedback on these rifles yet.
I set it up and the initial impressions on the stock and action are all positive. I got some 168gr Federal Berger Hybrids to shoot. Just need to find some time to sneak out to the range to get her zeroed. I'll let you know how it goes

pucmw11

FNG
This is such a rabbit hole! I've been doing the same line of research as all of you.
Took a look at a Springfield 2020 waypoint in .308 in a shop last week, and down the hole I've been going ever since looking something like this:
  • Should I buy this .308?!
  • No, I want it in 6.5prc
    • Mags only 3rd - all metal - rattly and not for me
  • Okay...let's do it in 6.5cm
  • Finds Squared Crest -- Instant love
  • Finds Bergara Premier line -- why not go for the Premier Divide which is the "nicer waypoint"?!
  • Talks to friend who swears by 6cm for deer/prs -- time for more research
  • Looks into 6cm
    • Falls in love with 6cm with future intent to pair with 7prc
    • Simultaneously falls in love with everything Bergara makes that, unfortunately, isn't offered in 6cm
  • Now I am stuck on the mental gymnastics of potentially buying an Alamo Precision Rifles APR Tomahawk in 6cm (yes I know it's ungodly expensive) to have the XLR chassis in 6mm with the custom action and the proof carbon
    • Or building one myself... :)
What a mess...lol I'm now just trying to convince myself that the 6.5 is good enough and to save $1k with the Bergara Mglite...lol (I should've bought the 7prc in Savage UL/proof before I started thinking too much)
Quick how that escalated from a new $1600 PRC to a $4k custom build UL PRS/Hunting 6cm hybrid...

elkyinco

FNG
Purchased a Bergara B-14 Crest in .300 win mag. After a 35 round barrel break in, even though Bergara says it is not needed, using Federal 200 grain Terminal accent I shot this 5 shot group, .76 MOA, At 200 yards with a slight cross wind.