Bedlam or Hellbender

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using an original Longhunter for over a decade and am finally going to upgrade. Trying to decide between the Bedlam or Hellbender. I rarely if ever do big ten day hunts anymore and mostly just dayhunt from a basecamp or the house with an occasional 3-4 day trip mostly in the summer.

I’m pretty sold on the Bedlam because I think it will be able to do everything I want but the Hellbender would probably be nicer for the 60-70% of the time I use it.

Anybody use both and have a preference? Does that Xpac material get loud when it’s cold?

You can always make a big bag smaller but you can’t make a small bag bigger

Xpac does become a bit more supple with use

Bedlam.

I had a hellbender and Stryker xl, kept the Stryker xl. Mostly because of the pals webbing on the sling and the frame side bladder pocket that the hellbender doesn’t have. The Stryker xl seemed to tighten up to the frame better with a day hunting load.

Xpac does get, crunchy and noisier when cold.

I’d eventually get both though. But the Bedlam is the first choice in my opinion.

OP
wowzers

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Went with the Hellbender. Figured I can see if the smaller one is going to fit. If not then I’ll eat the restocking fee and get bigger one. The Bedlam is pretty close to the size of my Longhunter and I wanted to get smaller than it since I’m mostly day hunting anymore.