Bear Or no bear / what do you do ?

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
Say for instance your “honey hole” isn’t producing a bear sighting. How long do you stick around and hunt that area? 1 day 2 days? How many of you move constantly to new ground and how many stick to 1 or 2 areas you know has had bear in the past ? I know they are so many factors … but what do you do?

Sourdough

WKR
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I look out the cabin window towards the outhouse, to see how many bears are in the yard, and what type of bear. Then decide which firearm to take. Exiting the cabin check all the bears in the yard. POOP, and then exiting the outhouse, check for bears that have moved between outhouse and cabin. Carefully return to the cabin.

Not sure why some have difficulty finding bears.

OP
Wildatheart

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
I look out the cabin window towards the outhouse, to see how many bears are in the yard, and what type of bear. Then decide which firearm to take. Exiting the cabin check all the bears in the yard. POOP, and then exiting the outhouse, check for bears that have moved between outhouse and cabin. Carefully return to the cabin.

Not sure why some have difficulty finding bears.
LOL I like the idea of your reality

I worry less about bear sightings and more about fresh sign. If I am on fresh sign, I wait. If no fresh sign, I change elevations till I find some.

^^^THIS^^^ Prefer to hunt em after a fresh snowfall. Easier to locate bear sign.IMGP2834.jpg

Say for instance your “honey hole” isn’t producing a bear sighting. How long do you stick around and hunt that area? 1 day 2 days? How many of you move constantly to new ground and how many stick to 1 or 2 areas you know has had bear in the past ? I know they are so many factors … but what do you do?
I’m always moving until I find sign i like…. Very rare for me to hang out in a spot that doesn’t have much sign or sightings… the only time I have invested a lot of time in an area like that was hunting one particular boar, and the only non intrusive spot was on a known travel corridor rather than a food source, knowing it did go through there, just not very often… I can be stubborn if needed, but other than that, I’m cruising country, checking spots, and keep doing so until I find a reason to slow down

If the promising spot doesn’t quickly produce, then it’s back in my back pocket and looking for more sign