Basemap Users! Cannot Download Offline Maps?

ElkNut1

WKR
Hey guys, I was hoping someone may assist me here. I'm trying to download maps of hunting areas. I downloaded the 1st one in 4-5 minutes but after that no luck downloading anymore. It just freezes up at about 12% completion. I'm in Boise area so have great wifi service here.

I just picked this App up 3 days ago so it's the New Pro Series. Thank you!

ElkNut/Paul

wapitibob

WKR
I just downloaded this map 5 minutes ago, went offline and zoomed to the center of it. It took several minutes to download and the image is hosed. Maybe part of the same problem.

4A8506D9-9698-4718-898B-61BDDBFE9FD9.png

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Bob, thanks!

I finally did download a 2nd & now working on a 3rd. First was minutes & these next ones are definitely longer, a lot longer!

Thing is the clarity between Earthmate, Onyx & Basemap are worlds apart. ( I have all 3) Basemap has clarity the others do not compare to. I can see all wallows like I'm standing there next to them & the other two are merely blurred terrain. I don't mind the longer downloading as long as it's working. I'm pretty much PC challenged so was curious if I was doing things right. (grin) Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I was hoping someone may assist me here. I'm trying to download maps of hunting areas. I downloaded the 1st one in 4-5 minutes but after that no luck downloading anymore. It just freezes up at about 12% completion. I'm in Boise area so have great wifi service here.

I just picked this App up 3 days ago so it's the New Pro Series. Thank you!

ElkNut/Paul
Let me know the area you are trying to download and I will see if it works, lol. Glad to see you're still around I've had your playbook in my pack for over 10 years and make my son carry one now also. As to your issue with basemap I noticed some features weren't working properly today while I was on it. I figured they were having a glitch and was going to try again later

wapitibob

WKR
Double check your offline maps, basemap uses google earth imagery if you have service but their offline maps are from a different source.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Thanks!

I got to thinking I may be trying to download too big of an area, not sure? I'm going to zoom in & do about 1/2 to 3/4 the size & see if that helps. If so I'll just download smaller sections. I do have 2 downloads complete so that's good!

Bob, on your photo you shared did you download in Low Resolution? I'm using High Resolution & maybe that takes a bit longer, thanks!

Txarcher, I hope it is a glitch & fixed, I would be able to download quicker then! (grin) Thank You!

ElkNut/Paul

I had several issues with Basemap in the last few months and ultimately gave up on it. The one that sent me over the edge was downloading offline maps, making sure everything was good then the app crashing constantly when I was offline as soon as I would open the app. I'm glad I knew the trail I was on but if I did not, this could have been borderline dangerous.

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to like basemap, but the reliability issues caused me to go back to onx. Basemap worked fine when I was on wifi, and I liked having the better imagery. Tried two separate trips using offline maps I had downloaded, and the screens were blank both times. I could see my waypoints, but nothing else. Can’t have that when trying to see topo lines for turkeys in WV, and definitely not for elk.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Wow! Interesting stuff. The reason I went with Basemap is because of great reviews from a couple buddies who love it over Onyx. I'm not giving up on it quite yet because the online crispness of it is unreal. I guess I'll need to chat with my buds further & see what I may need to do differently.

I do know scouting with it at present it's a huge plus in just picking the terrain apart like I was standing there. Thanks everyone!

ElkNut/Paul

wapitibob

WKR
Thanks!

I got to thinking I may be trying to download too big of an area, not sure? I'm going to zoom in & do about 1/2 to 3/4 the size & see if that helps. If so I'll just download smaller sections. I do have 2 downloads complete so that's good!

Bob, on your photo you shared did you download in Low Resolution? I'm using High Resolution & maybe that takes a bit longer, thanks!

Txarcher, I hope it is a glitch & fixed, I would be able to download quicker then! (grin) Thank You!

ElkNut/Paul
Hi res

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had the same issue at times. First map downloads fine, next one a no go. If this happens, closing the app between downloads fixes it for me. Download map, close the app down, don’t logout, open back up and good to go 🤷🏽‍♂️. Other times downloading multiple maps works just fine. I dont think size is the issue. Good luck!

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
JoshOR, you're the man!!! It worked, fast too! Already downloaded! Sweet!!

Guys, listen to Josh here if you're having trouble as I did. Thank you, Thank you!!

P.S. I told you guys I was PC Challenged! Ha Ha!!

ElkNut/Paul

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
Sweet, glad it helped! I stomped around the house a bit waiting for things to download in a tech temper tantrum before I tried this, much better…

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Dude I hear ya. I've tried assorted things as well. I've now downloaded 6 more areas in 7 minutes, works awesome! I can't thank you enough sir!

ElkNut/Paul

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Update! I hit the elkwoods over the weekend & the Basemap App worked flawlessly! I was in offline mode & zero troubles. Very clear landscape & better than Onyx that was checked side by side!

So far thumbs up!

ElkNut