Base Layers for First Rifle Season Elk CO

1) I have a set of base layers but was wondering if packing a second is a good idea? We'll be out for about a week and will probably hike a few miles in, set up base camp and go to and from there.

2) Is there a weight for base layer pants you'd suggest? I see Kuiu has a sale going on right now and since I only plan on wearing hiking pants (no outer layer pant) should I go for heavier? Like the 200s?

3) I see they do zipper pants, is it really that much more convenient to have the zippers? I feel like they would get annoying, no? Wouldn't you need to take your pants off anyhow to get them on/off?

Honyock

WKR
The zip off bottoms are definitely worth the money. No you don't have to take your pants or boots off to put them on or take them off. If you're not going to be stationary the 145 would be a good baselayer bottom.

OP
E
The zip off bottoms are definitely worth the money. No you don't have to take your pants or boots off to put them on or take them off. If you're not going to be stationary the 145 would be a good baselayer bottom.

How do you put them on while you’re wearing pants? Just shove them down the pant legs from the waist? And then how do you get to the zipper to zip them up? Sorry I might sound incredibly stupid right now I just am not picturing it haha. Good to know though, I’ll just get em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
The zipper goes all the way down the side of each leg from the top to the bottom. There's a little velcro tab at the top that covers the zipper pull. Get hot, pull your pants down and unzip the baselayer and take them off. Do the reverse to put them on.

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
newvii