Banning coyote hunting in southern NM

Brooks

WKR
I was watching the news here in NM tonight and they are saying too many gray wolves are being killed and it is being blamed on people thinking the wolf was a coyote and shooting them. They also said when coyotes are killed it just brings in more of them So they think banning the killing of coyotes in a huge portion in southern NM that stretches from Roswell all the way to the AZ line. There are tons of yotes in southern NM . These liberals will probably ban killing them until the coyotes get just like California coyotes and snatch up kids and pets .

I was watching the news here in NM tonight and they are saying too many gray wolves are being killed and it is being blamed on people thinking the wolf was a coyote and shooting them. They also said when coyotes are killed it just brings in more of them So they think banning the killing of coyotes in a huge portion in southern NM that stretches from Roswell all the way to the AZ line. There are tons of yotes in southern NM . These liberals will probably ban killing them until the coyotes get just like California coyotes and snatch up kids and pets .
Yeah, we have some bad a** coyotes here, chuckles!

OP
B

Brooks

WKR
NM has a lot of liberals that will think this is a great idea. Just like they banned all coyote hunting contest on public land in NM.

dtrkyman

WKR
Public land trapping was banned a few years ago. They always find an angle to get what they want.

I know some Government trappers here, no lack of wolves and definitely no lack of coyotes.

While I would never be in favor of banning hunting of any sustainable species hunting coyotes to control their population is just not effective, surely is fun!

When little Fe-fe gets snatched up with momma watching, it will be too late. Momma's going to cry and be beside herself, but she only has the *special* politicians to thank.

NM got this way because everyone was too busy worrying about their jobs and didn't pay attention.

Libtards create BS arguments to achieve their anti-hunting & anti-fishing agendas at every turn. They are well-funded so don't dismiss it.

I know some Government trappers here, no lack of wolves and definitely no lack of coyotes.

While I would never be in favor of banning hunting of any sustainable species hunting coyotes to control their population is just not effective, surely is fun!
you can absolutely control coyote populations once foliage melts away in the fall, just have to be in a state that’s not restrictive in means and methods. Not all habitat/range is conducive to aerial hunting, but where it is, it’s extremely effective

Not a statement pro or con but...
NM already bans crow hunting.
I presume it's b/c most can't tell the difference between a crow and a raven.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
The Snowflakes are world wide.
Management by emotion rather than science.

No different in BC Canada. The downtown Greenies are driving decisions, and our wildlife is paying the price.

Pathetic

jayhawk

WKR
New Mexico is the weirdest state I've ever been to. Mexican gangs, cowboys, coneheads at LANL, hippies in Taos, the list goes on, and they're all competing for the same real estate.

I think the statistic I read was that it takes a 75% reduction in coyote numbers to make a long term impact in population. Basically, the more you kill them, the larger their litters get and the more they multiply. So if people are killing a lot of grey wolves (a predator of coyotes) by accident, then hunting coyotes isn't doing anything to reduce the population. Just some of my thoughts.