Bacon,Peanut Butter,Honey Tortillas

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
So probably a dumb question but is there any specific amount of peanut butter, honey or bacon that you put into your backcountry tortillas? I'm headed out in a couple weeks and want to make a bunch. Plus have any of you cooked the bacon in a crock pot ahead of time and if so how did that work out?

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
When I was making them I used, 2TBLS PB, 3 strips bacon and a drizzle of honey per wrap.
Stopped making them cause I never ate them. Found them to be way to dense and bogged me down during the hunt.

This was during the warmer months and alot of moving. So they might be a better fit during cold stretches and more stationary hunts. Just have not got back around to them.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
on my trip across the Sierra's I used one packet of Justin's peanut butter which turned out to be 2 tablespoons and one packet of raw honey which was about 1 tablespoons and three strips of precooked bacon- was just about right for a medium sized tortilla

this was during the summer and making them up daily, in the fall I just make them up prior and use regular bacon (and peanut butter and honey)

jmez

WKR
When I used to eat them always had the bacon precooked.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
Smear, drizzle, i used a couple pieces of costco korean Bbq jerky in this last batch. they were great

Rob5589

WKR
Eyeball it, not too much honey or it becomes a mess. I prefer almond butter. The Costco bacon bits are the way to go.

Mosby

WKR
My new thing....Cinnamon Toast Crunch spread on tortillas. Simple but tastes like a cinnamon bun.

As mentioned, cook the bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven.

I mix honey in a bowl with sunflower butter. Then, add that to my sandwich. If you add the honey separately, it seems more likely to sleep out.

BBob

WKR
1 packet Spread the Love PB, 1 packet raw unfiltered honey, 4 slices Hormel pre-cooked bacon and a cheddar cheese stick on an 8” tortilla.