“Backup” Binos

Help me with my “dilemma”. I just bought the new EL Range TAs in 10x42. I still have my SLCs and some EL Ranges. I was originally going to sell both of these to help fund the new binos…but I want to keep at least one pair for “backup” binos. These would be the set of binos I let my dad or friends use when they come with me. And would serve as my “backups” if these new binos ever crap the bed and have to be sent in. So, my question is…would I be better off to sell both sets and buy something different? And if so, what would you recommend? Or should I keep one of these and just sell the other? And which would you keep? Would love some help from the brain trust on what they would do! Thanks everybody!!

I like my back gear to be as close to my primary gear as possible. If it isn't redundant then I consider it to be additional gear for a somewhat different use , not back up. So
i would keep which ever binos for back up that in your opinion that are closest to what you upgraded to.

OP
passinggas33
I like my back gear to be as close to my primary gear as possible. If it isn't redundant then I consider it to be additional gear for a somewhat different use , not back up. So
i would keep which ever binos for back up that in your opinion that are closest to what you upgraded to.
That was kind of my idea as well. And I was leaning towards keeping the EL Ranges due to this. But they lack the ballistics. So my thought was maybe sell them and buy something more like the vortex fury so I still had ballistics built in, even though I sacrifice on glass quality. I guess I would have to decide does glass quality trump built in ballistics for this second pair…

Crusader

WKR
These will be left in a van down by the river. There will also be a lot of government cheese in said van.

If you don’t get this reference…then I am officially old.
I love that reference,,,,Chris Farley was the best! And yes, I'm old!