Backpack with w/Bow

First time going archery elk hunting. I was curious to know or see (if you have pics) of your backpacking set-up with a bow.

How do you secure it your pack? I see guys on shows walking around with their hands free a lot, but rarely get a chance to see how they secure it without messing up the many moving parts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You can run it either way, I'm starting to prefer running it on top horizontally when I'm not in timber.
Vertical:Hang it from some sort of strap on bottom, then just pull it tight to the pack with horizontal straps.
Horizontal: Set it on top of the pack, use and over the top strap to hold it there. Side compression straps around the stabilizer will hold it vertical.
ff8dae4c67e62563e0d2d42a0157461d.jpg
3cbc1df35ac5ab220c7909f0f39e05e6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like vertical and secured for long moves in the wide open I often just throw it horizontal on top and it balances it self nicely. I carry it in my hand if I'm not just rolling country though.
2b9d16562afe80bc212bd922b952db98.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I added vertical straps to my pack for this reason. I always run straps through the frame and never across strings or leverage points on the sight, balancer, or quiver. The straps make an X across my pack/bow and support the load with the frame of the bow.

Not quick access by any means but I anticipate when I will need the bow and prepare accordingly.