Backpack help; flat back options

I watched the Kifaru video on how to judge your back profile, and apparently I have no butt either--You can't get anything between my back and the wall. It got me wondering how my back would like some other packs, ones that don't have the adjustable stays like Kifaru.

I've been particularly interested in Stone Glacier and Kuiu packs, and kifaru if I can get one at the right price. Does anyone have experience with flat backs and these other packs? Unfortunately I don't have anywhere nearby to try the packs, and I don't know anyone with these packs (I'm living in wisconsin right now).

Thanks,
Brandon

Ray

WKR
I solved my flat back problem as well as a hip problem by getting a Paradox EVO pack. Its much like an old school full wrap belt, but is much more comfortable and has simple shoulder harness adjustments. Its pretty nice to be pain free after several days of tundra stomping.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a flat back as well. I do ok with a Kifaru pack with the flat back stays, but ended preferring Stone Glacier (with a custom lumbar pad) as I really like the load shelf and light weight of the pack.

Check out Backpack month:
http://www.rokslide.com/easyblog/entry/backpack-month-on-rokslide

Reviews are helpful, but often its the conversation threads that the reviews spark that are very helpful.

WIHUNTER

FNG
Brandon, do you ever travel north in Wisconsin. I just bought a Stone Glacier pack and you are welcome to try it on. I live in the Clintonville area. John

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I solved my flat back problem as well as a hip problem by getting a Paradox EVO pack. Its much like an old school full wrap belt, but is much more comfortable and has simple shoulder harness adjustments.

I did the same!! Love the Paradox fit, weight, adjustability and carry comfort.