Backpack coffee options?

So, for car camp and at home I take my coffee with milk and sugar(yeah yeah, I know).

At last I really looked, the only real options when it came to this was either lugging in sugar and creamer of some sort, going without, or Starbucks had some kind of latte packet that had everything in it.

Was wondering if anything else has hit the scene since I last checked, or if it’s still the same.

Thanks in advance.

BBob

WKR
There's been a few discussions on coffee so you might try a search. You might also find some ideas in this thread:

Someone recommended this, sounds similar (250 calories)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N7N0GL6/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A12XBJOQ5X3F61&psc=1

I have some ordered to try out.

Last edited:

JNDEER

WKR
Nescafe makes a 3 in1
Kopiko premium 3 in 1
G7 3 in 1 vietnamese coffee

all are instant and come in a single servings. I have tried them and they taste fine to me, but I drink my coffee black so with the creamer and sugar it would obviously taste yummy.

Foxsoup

FNG
You can buy empty tea bags from Amazon, take your favourite coffee fill up a bag and boom single use coffee without the mess of a pour over, or the taste is instant. As far as creamer goes I just use hot chocolate powered, I find it works better then the powdered milk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
Two things I have done:

I will usually bring in carnation instant breakfast packets and dump one in with my instant coffee. It turns it into a warm chocolate-coffee type drink but it’s good and easy morning cals if you’re doing water for coffee anyway.

Last trip I noticed my cafeteria at work had single serve packets of powdered creamer so I hoarded those. Worked well. Could add a sugar packet or honey packet (cafeteria had those too) if that tickles your fancy

rayporter

WKR
i use the folgers tea bag coffee and add single serve cappuccino packet to it. actually the cappuccino
ack will do about 3 cups for me. if you want extra sugar nectasweet tablets are the sweetener i use with the least after taste. with a spoon of cappuccino added all you get a little french vanilla taste.

plain hot chocolate packs will also suffice.

nectasweet may be discontinued.

I put sugar in something like this:

c4305382-29ea-4146-9c29-0fc0bb5f324c

Creamer, I just do without. Don't really have a great option for creamer.

Measure out a weeks worth into a snack size ziplock. This stuff is great. Or just add a hot chocolate packet and some powdered milk/ coconut milk for extra calories. Bulletproof/ Deathwish instant is great too.

1657552154496.png

OP
J
Thank you guys for the input. I apologize about starting yet another thread on coffee but the last one I read(over a year ago) just had the usual suspects on it. I’ve ordered some of the Korean stuff and I plan on trying to slip into TJs at some point to grab some of their stuff. A lot of their stores are pretty out of the way for me.

Thanks again.

I’ve been using a packet of black rifle instant and a packet of Trader Joe’s instant ( they have crane in with it) the combo is perfect for me

I use Starbucks via, honey stinger ginsting honey packet and a tsp. of chocolate protein powder. I can get 3 servings out of the honey packet so on a 7 day hunt i take 3 just in case I want an extra cup in the morning.

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
The nescafe' 3in1's are legit. I order mine off amazon...as they are not sold in the US that I'm aware of. Easy peasy....

OP
J
The nescafe' 3in1's are legit. I order mine off amazon...as they are not sold in the US that I'm aware of. Easy peasy....
Apparently this is what I ordered as it showed up the other day. Got a chance to try it this morning - it’s surprisingly better than I expected. Definitely serviceable for the backcountry.

For anyone who likes cream and sugar - check it out!

Northwest

FNG
I also do the empty tea bags with coffee that I ground at home as mentioned before. Add some powdered creamer and your good.