Backcountry fishing suggestions

blackdawg

WKR
Looking for an area where this summer I can pull off short/mid range roving pack/fishing trips, day riding from trailhead would also be considered, lake/stream fishing where catch and eat is preferred, areas with scarcity of manbun wearing hiker dudes in colorful clothing types with mangy mutts running amuck is preferrable, riding probably needs to be beginner/moderate level if possible. Suggestions?

JA03

FNG
I’m looking at doing the same. I’ve been eyeing the western side of the winds pretty hard. However it does look like there is a lot of hiking activity in that area.

Looking for an area where this summer I can pull off short/mid range roving pack/fishing trips, day riding from trailhead would also be considered, lake/stream fishing where catch and eat is preferred, areas with scarcity of manbun wearing hiker dudes in colorful clothing types with mangy mutts running amuck is preferrable, riding probably needs to be beginner/moderate level if possible. Suggestions?
Where are you located @blackdawg? You should have options somewhere, and the Winds, in particular, are excellent for that. Let me know if you want some ideas. Best to not advertise wildly, least the manbuns and amuk-running dogs find out

squirrel

WKR
What state? Percentage of muttsnbuns varies wildly I reckon.

Took the wooly boys (and some mutts) to a high lake with a good trail to it, didn't expect to be alone and wasn't. All the hooting and squealing made me remark to my buddy "all that is missing is a boom box"... At dark they fired her up. Carried a fuggin radio 12 miles in on their backs.

I about to drop a hot tip.

Go around, but not in, a prominent national park. The parks suck in the people and the areas around them enjoy a little recreation vacuum, at least from the REI / manbun types.