Backcountry bowhunts?

vcb

WKR
So not much going on as far as bowhunting until turkey rolls around. Been watching lots of hunting shows and some that say how far back they are hunting. Bullshix! Next thing they shoot a big bull and its back at the lodge in the back of a truck in one piece! Backcountry my axx! These guys are driving their truck up to the bull. That's hunting on a farm!! Chaps my asx. These guys couldn't climb vertical if their life depended on it

Lukem

WKR
Doesn't always mean farm/HF hunting. A small proportion of elk are killed the Rokslide way. I'd wager 95% of the elk killed in the Black Hills of SD come out whole.

crumy

WKR
I have to agree with you. I get all bent out of shape, especially when you see them whole or 1/2 hanging in public forest. Granted I was only 2 miles in from nearest road so it was not exactly back country, but hard to get away in SE wyoming. Anyway.. I could have driven on an old forest road to get closer but I didn't. Why? Because I don't want to screw it up for others and I am trying to teach my son the right way. So when we spend all day packing out elk and I make him carry what he can because it is his elk he learns something. (maybe don't shoot so far back in... or he learns the right way to do it) . But at least he gets it because when he sees a whole elk, he at least assumes they are road hunters.

So not much going on as far as bowhunting until turkey rolls around. Been watching lots of hunting shows and some that say how far back they are hunting. Bullshix! Next thing they shoot a big bull and its back at the lodge in the back of a truck in one piece! Backcountry my axx! These guys are driving their truck up to the bull. That's hunting on a farm!! Chaps my asx. These guys couldn't climb vertical if their life depended on it

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
Lukem don't ruin my fantasy! :). Crumy sounds like you a teaching a young hunter great lessons!