Backbar against body for hunting?

OP
KneeDeep

KneeDeep

FNG
Well, for those that are following, I shot a 3D club shoot that I've shot everything month over the last year with the super long rear stabilizer today. I decided to use a rear stabilizer length that was a long as possible WITHOUT resting it on my body at all (20inches from the riser to the end of the weights) so it would still be be legal for Bowhunter Freestyle tournaments that I shoot.

Result: I blew my previous Personal Best out of the water!! Out of a max 495 (15 targets, 3 arrows each, 11-10-8 scoring) I average just under 480 (which I call "par" since its dropping 1 point per target). My PR was 484 and today, in the pouring rain I might add, I shot a 488, with "flinching" at the shot accounting for vast majority of the 7 misses. Hardly any near misses, rather it was clearly execution flaws today as I was getting used to a new setup.

In my mind, nothing has come close to acutely improving my scores this much ever. I'm sold. Just don't put a rear stabilizer on your bow if you plan to compete with me in the CA circuit :)!