Baby squirrels everywhere

This morning I was out cleaning my garage. I heard a noise out by my trash can and went to check it out. There was a baby squirrel that was not scared of me at all. I put some welding gloves on, and picked it up and put it back over by a tree. It came right back to me.....

I called an animal sanctuary place, and they told me to put a box with a blanket under a tree, put the squirrel in it, and loop distressed baby squirrel noises through a Bluetooth speaker next to the box....... so I did....

An hour later I come back to check, and there are 3 baby squirrels all sitting next to my Bluetooth speaker🤣. Can't make this stuff up.....

None of them are afraid of people. I assume mom is dead.
Now what do I do?

I've got a hilarious video I wanted to upload on here, but couldn't make it work. 20230417_135613.jpg

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
In most states it's not legal to keep them and after raising a couple myself I would advise against it as they are a handful. They look like they're at least six weeks old or maybe a little more. Squirrels are usually weaned at 10-12 weeks so these may need some care. Fish & Game can probably give you the number of a rehabilitator if the squirrels are still around this morning.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I did the same once with a squirrel in the middle of an
intersection, but he was older. I dont know why he didnt
bite me.
Took him home and put him in an old boot up in the crotch
of an oak tree. He stayed there a couple days and then
moved on.

OP
Lil-Rokslider
Great ideas here. Does anybody know if it's possible to upload a video from my phone to a thread?

wytx

WKR
Those squirrels will make it if you help a little. Give some nuts for them to eat, put hem in a spot they are using. maybe some water to drink in a small container.

Had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Mom squirrels didn't make it for some reason and 2 little babies "attacked" my spouse while he was stacking firewood.
They literally ran up to him and crawled all over his feet.
Some water via a dropper as they were dehydrated, some nuts placed on the woodpile and a dry warm place to sleep and they survived nicely and were wild squirrels.

I had a pet squirrel one time, neat animals but hard to control. High strung to say the least and like to chew.

DSCN3848 copy.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN3844 copy.jpg
    DSCN3844 copy.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 36

bobinmi

WKR
Those squirrels will make it if you help a little. Give some nuts for them to eat, put hem in a spot they are using. maybe some water to drink in a small container.

Had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Mom squirrels didn't make it for some reason and 2 little babies "attacked" my spouse while he was stacking firewood.
They literally ran up to him and crawled all over his feet.
Some water via a dropper as they were dehydrated, some nuts placed on the woodpile and a dry warm place to sleep and they survived nicely and were wild squirrels.

I had a pet squirrel one time, neat animals but hard to control. High strung to say the least and like to chew.

View attachment 544097
bob ross? is it you?

tony

WKR
Buy them shirts and teach them to sing you'll make a bundle

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Rap or get them little flat brim ball caps and they can be the next bro country band.

Friends I grew up with had a pet squirrel in the house, similar situation, found a baby and kept it.
Believe it did well after a short time