AZ 5B

Looking to talk to someone who's hunted 5B late rifle in the past couple of years, I mostly have questions about road density/accessibility. I have the points, but it looks like a road hunter's paradise and that's not really my style.

If you have something negative to say about the unit put it in this thread, if you have something positive please PM me.

OP
ResearchinStuff
That's surprising and disappointing. Guess I should have studied the mvum maps before jumping into the point system there.

bohntr

WKR
There are definitely some units in Region 1 of the state that have very few roads. If that's what you're looking for with good quality bulls, I'd research there.

180ls1

WKR
I've done that specific hunt twice (well, my dad had the tag). Roads everywhere and there is no such thing as a "closed" road. Real easy walking also. It attracts a lot of older and fat hunters because of that.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

fmyth

WKR
I hunted elk in 5b this last November. I hunted on foot from sun up to sun down every day. Saw 1 bull running and 2 cows feeding during the entire trip. My buddy shot a raghorn bull on the run the next to the last day. Saw lots of road hunters but only 5 guys out walking. I got stuck in an ATV/UTV traffic jam early one morning driving in to Chavez canyon. There are many more roads than shown on ONX and the MVUM map. Most are probably not legal roads but the ATV/UTV hunters in AZ don't seem to care. I've also hunted 11M and 6A and they were just as bad.