Avery/Denning Mule Deer 🦌 Hunt-Live!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It’s 5:40 am. Headed up to get the buck. I’ll get you guys a story up either later today or tomorrow, and it will make sense why I said I was confused. But to be clear, I’m very happy with the buck, even though I passed him up the day before, because when I passed him up, I still had 36 hours of prime conditions to look for another one. And I feel like I found the best one possible (probably)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

colersu22

WKR
Looking forward to both the stories, It is a nice escape from being stuck at work and not out in the woods.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
70baf20af21365073147a6e705aa4a66.jpg

1signguy

WKR
Here is the buck I saw this morning. This was at 10:00 am (I'm still on DST, I don't change till after the hunt or I can't remember when sun comes up and down) so two hours after sunrise; they'd been feeding in the quakies but came out on this little hillside for about 20 minutes before fading back into the cover. Sorry it's not really clear, he was about 800 yards out. If he'd have remembered to grow his RG2, I'd have tried for him. Older buck, could tell by his face, so at least one made it through the winter! Tomorrow is last day.

[video=youtube_share;TAJ4yCpbvBg]https://youtu.be/TAJ4yCpbvBg[/video]

Share with us what equipment/glass you used to take this video? Headed to Idaho next week and I am starting to get things planned as far as glass...

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Nice buck for sure- you know what they say.... "never pass on day 1 what you would shoot on last day", that is unless you shoot the deer you didn't know was the deer you passed.
lol
Not many of us would pass that guy on day 1, appears, even though you are a legend, you are not much different than us and took a buck we all would.
:)
Congrats Duke the legend
Hey, I know you're ribbing me but I still don't recommend the "never pass on day 1 what you'd shoot on the last day..." This is why.

I passed that buck earlier because I still had 36 hours of prime hunting conditions to find a bigger buck. Never did and just got lucky and found this same buck again at last light, last day and what was a surprise is I wasn't even hunting close to where I'd seen him (he'd moved about a mile). I didn't realize it was him for sure till I walked up on him. I still think you gotta pass nice bucks BUT when it's last day, standards are lower, especially on a hunt with good conditions and is improving day by day when you have a legit chance of finding a bigger buck. I was ready to go home with my tag and was fine with letting that buck walk the day before- but by the grace of God, I got another chance when it was time to cash in (that doesn't happen often). Hope that makes sense.

And enough with the legend crap, hahahahah I'm gonna hack Ryan's account over this.

Hope to have a video wrap-up for you guys today or tomorrow.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Long horse ride back to camp. Bucks still on the mountain. I’ll get him in the morning

Ryan! Stop with the legend. I’m gonna edit your post as soon as I’m off Tapatalk.

Too many people have the ability to keep ‘The Legend’ going. You are swimming upstream bud! It’s a losing fight 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Share with us what equipment/glass you used to take this video? Headed to Idaho next week and I am starting to get things planned as far as glass...

Hi, that is just my old Sony Handycam 55X. No extra glass. We bought this cam when Rokslide started in 2012 and it's still rolling. Shot hundreds of videos with it and packed it that many miles. The screen protector shutter is broke and the charging cord is starting to fray, but she's still rolling. And she's small and lightweight.

I love Phone Skope but when it's cold like this, it's just too much going on with cold hands and more stuff in my pack.

1signguy

WKR
Hi, that is just my old Sony Handycam 55X. No extra glass. We bought this cam when Rokslide started in 2012 and it's still rolling. Shot hundreds of videos with it and packed it that many miles. The screen protector shutter is broke and the charging cord is starting to fray, but she's still rolling. And she's small and lightweight.

I love Phone Skope but when it's cold like this, it's just too much going on with cold hands and more stuff in my pack.

I thought maybe it was something other than a phone scope based on the distance. Pretty good film for a Handycam- congrats on the buck!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Too many people have the ability to keep ‘The Legend’ going. You are swimming upstream bud! It’s a losing fight 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pisses me off. When this hits FB, I’m toast

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Give us a break Robby it's not often we have somebody of the caliber of Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett or Paul Bunyan or Johnny Appleseed in our midst.

Legend...ary

Live2hunt custom shelters

Hey, I know you're ribbing me but I still don't recommend the "never pass on day 1 what you'd shoot on the last day..." This is why.

I passed that buck earlier because I still had 36 hours of prime hunting conditions to find a bigger buck. Never did and just got lucky and found this same buck again at last light, last day and what was a surprise is I wasn't even hunting close to where I'd seen him (he'd moved about a mile). I didn't realize it was him for sure till I walked up on him. I still think you gotta pass nice bucks BUT when it's last day, standards are lower, especially on a hunt with good conditions and is improving day by day when you have a legit chance of finding a bigger buck. I was ready to go home with my tag and was fine with letting that buck walk the day before- but by the grace of God, I got another chance when it was time to cash in (that doesn't happen often). Hope that makes sense.

And enough with the legend crap, hahahahah I'm gonna hack Ryan's account over this.

Hope to have a video wrap-up for you guys today or tomorrow.
I guess the difference is when yore a legend you set/ hunt bigger goals

When you're a regular human Yoy hunt meat and anything respectable
Lol
We are ribbing you
But we also admire whay you set as standards
Far above my pay grade
Good hunting Robby

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the wrap-up video. Warning, if someone thanking the Creator for an animal's life, good times, and friends doesn't sit well with you, fast forward 30 seconds.

[video=youtube_share;k6r6j1QKYe4]https://youtu.be/k6r6j1QKYe4[/video]

nrh6.7

WKR
Great video, Robby. Much rather see someone giving thanks over an animal, instead of crazy high fives and being silly!

Randle

WKR
Wow sounds like a great hunt. Thanks for sharing all the details. That just makes it fun seeing your excitement. Pray for your food at the table and in the field. Thanks for sharing your faith. Some day I will hunt muleys.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Here's the wrap-up video. Warning, if someone thanking the Creator for an animal's life, good times, and friends doesn't sit well with you, fast forward 30 seconds.

[video=youtube_share;k6r6j1QKYe4]https://youtu.be/k6r6j1QKYe4[/video]

+2 for the greatest thread of the year. Secretly have been stalking the Rok Blog hoping we would get some live hunts from Robby.