Attn: Guys from Missouri / Arkansas

WildBoose

FNG
I'm from Western Ky and would definitely be interested in a meetup! I'm not really close to anything but 2-2.5 hours away from a whole lot haha

Jfig

FNG
St. Charles, MO - would definitely be interested in hearing about local events. Also willing to set something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
i believe i can arrange a place to camp and shoot at a range, but it is in midwest arkansas. a long way off for missouri folk.
i can think of a couple in nwa for camping.

OP
H

Handycamp

FNG
Well, I got tied up with some crap and it looks like it might be summer before I can make it. I'm definitely still planning on doing something, just can't at the moment. In the meantime, anyone else who wants to get the ball rolling, feel free. But I'll keep this thread open until I can either make definite plans, or die trying.

OP
H

Handycamp

FNG
It's now the middle of summer, and if any of you have followed this thread, you know that I hoped I would have a meeting planned by now. Well, I am unfortunately still mired in legal crap, and likely will be for most of this year. I am optimistic about late winter, like maybe February '24. Stay tuned!

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this thread back up, living in STL now for a temporary time frame - handful of more months. Would be very interested in whatever can be planned up.

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone in the STL area is interested in meeting up for training hikes DM me, I usually do 1-2 every week especially on weekends. Always curious to meet guys and check out different gear.

miket

FNG
FNG here. I live in Texas right now ( my entire life ) but moving to North Central AR early next year. Should have plenty of time on my hands once I get moved in. Im not super outgoing, but will be looking for someone to hunt out west with. Have a NF moose hunt scheduled this Sept and NM elk in 2025. Serious turkey hunter too.

OP
H

Handycamp

FNG
About a year and half ago I posted the message you see below in italics. At the time I thought that in a couple of months I would be able to start organizing a group, provided there was enough interest. Several of you responded positively, but then life threw me a curve ball and I have been indisposed ever since. Well, now I am finally free to try to make something happen. So to all you guys who live in MO or AR, or even eastern OK or southwestern IL, please chime in if you are still interested. What I imagine is renting a room someplace fairly central, like maybe Branson, and then just meeting up on the scheduled day. After we socialize and get to know each other a little bit, we can start tossing around ideas for trips that we might want to do. I know spring is here already, so maybe we won't meet until summer. But first let's see who's in, and go from there. It would be great if some of you younger guys wanted to join, because I could use some muscle on some of my trips. But naturally, everyone is welcome as far as I am concerned.

So let's hear it, fellas. Who wants to be among the first members of the Ozark Hunt and Fish Club?

I notice quite a few guys from the Ozarks region or thereabouts on this forum. I'm from St. Louis and do most of my outdoorsy stuff in the Ozarks, except for the occasional exotic trip to somewhere really cool. I'm wondering how much interest there would be in forming a group of guys to meet in person from time to time to discuss planning hunting and/or fishing trips. I'm in my late 50's, in decent shape, but just don't know many guys who like to do this kind of thing. If this sounds like something you would want to do, please chime in.

Remember, at this point I am just gauging interest, so all details will have to be determined later. Where and how often we would meet, how formal or informal we want it to be, etc., are things we would need to work out among ourselves. But I love to do both local and exotic trips, from crappie to king salmon, from squirrels to trophy moose. So if this sounds like something worth pursuing to you, let me know.

River Rat

WKR
Count me in, could help with some of the logistics.
I’m in Sullivan mo. 1 Hour west of St. Louis
Been hunting out west for the last 15 years, I’ve also hunted Alaska twice, Alberta, Canada and south Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delta21

FNG
I would be in, but live in east Arkansas so that’s out of my range. But I deal with same issue not many many people in delta have a passion like mine for western hunting 🤷🏻‍♂️

wewarev

FNG
I'm in Stl County and interested in meeting up with any local guys who are into elk hunting. I've been to Colorado 5 times so far (3 solo) and planning on putting in for another tag this week. Going to southern Colorado for archery elk again.
I'm in my early 60's, good shape, do a work out or ruck 3, 4 days a week. I'm not a partier, drinker, etc. A pretty boring Christian man to be honest.
But, my wife thinks I need a hunting partner out west. She's not thrilled with me going solo.
Only met one other elk hunter here and he's a rifle hunter. I'd love to meet some more.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk