At Home work outs

Luked

WKR
I hate going to the gym here. Its just a joke and cant stand to go.
I do ok workiing out at home but I am no fitness guru by any means, I have a few weights at home mainly kettle bells.
What are some work outs that you all do at home to drop some weight and get in better shape.
I normally try and do Kettlebell swings, Squats, planks, push ups, sit ups. lunges.
But looking form some others that I am able to do at home.
No garage at home so no weight bench. I have an exercise bike but thats about all I have room for at home.
I had thought of getting a weight bench set up but if i did it would have to go outside and not sure if that will be good for it with the weather etc.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Look into kettlebell programs by pavel tsstsuline like “simple and sinister” or “quick and the dead”.

You’d be surprised how much fitness you can build with kettlebells. My heaviest is a 24kg but I’m looking to get a 32kg. A solid workout is something like:

-one hand swings 10x10 (longer rest so you don’t lose power)
-Turkish get ups (5-8 each side)
-goblet squats or six minute squat test
-put ships 3-5x8-10, long rest so you can really use some power in them
-pull ups
-windmills

Then finish with some jump rope or a quick 5k on a rower.

I was going to post the same the same as above. I’ve been exclusively using kettlebells for about two years with daily walks and hikes. I’ve never felt better and my joint don’t hurt nearly as much. Look at strongfirst.com for some info on kettlebell use.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I was going to post the same the same as above. I’ve been exclusively using kettlebells for about two years with daily walks and hikes. I’ve never felt better and my joint don’t hurt nearly as much. Look at strongfirst.com for some info on kettlebell use.

Thanks for the article, I’m with you on the kettlebells. I’ve been using them for around 10 years now, last few years I sort of got out of them for various reasons. For the past few months I’ve been back on them diligently and feeling great.

Yoder

WKR
I have two pull up bars I put up between two trees in my back yard. One low and one high. Everything else I do in my driveway planks, pushups, burpees. I use a cinderblock and big rocks for weights. I also have an old backhoe tire I flip. I don't have room in my tiny house for a weight bench. Other than that I do hikes with 40-60lbs in my pack. You can get a great workout without going to the gym.

My "home gym" consists of a 20" step-up box, 50 lb sandbag, 25 lb kettlebell, jump rope, and set of suspension straps. I usually work out in the garage but move inside occasionally during winter. A typical 15 minute workout consists of one 10-20 rep set of 5 different exercises with a jog to the mailbox and back (or 100 reps of jump rope) between each set. Typical exercises include:
• Squat w/ sandbag
• Turkish get-up w/ sandbag
• Overhead press w/ sandbag
• Box step-up/stepover w/ sandbag
• Lunge w/ sandbag
• Russian twist w/ kettlebell
• Box jump
• Suspension push up (hands or feet in straps)
• Suspension row
• Pull-up/chin-up
IMG_20200220_183558980-1.jpg