Asolo Hunter GV

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
This might be an ongoing review thread for this boot. i picked them up for $150. Based on what little info i could find they seemed worth at least that price. disclaimer- this is my first pair of this type boot. living in Louisiana, footwear consists of rubber boots, snake boots, trail runners, and work boots.

first impressions... very well constructed- all seams, lace lugs, vibram sole and rand. seem very Crispi Nevada-ish. my hunting partner has a pair i compared to. i really like the locking lace lug so i can set the toe box tightness independent of the upper. i did upgrade the laces though because, well why not. nothing wrong with factory laces though. very stable boot with fairly rigid sole (again, comparable to Nevada's). great for supporting a heavy load. i have worn them about 2 weeks now and wore them to train with a pack twice (about 3-4 miles each time). almost no break-in period. they fit really well in the ankle and no heel slip when cinched down good. toe box is average for MY FOOT- not too big but definitely not tight. i have room to wear a heavy wool sock if needed but also very comfortable in light weight running socks. the insole is very underwhelming, but hey its probably designed knowing most folks toss it anyways. i usually wear 9.0 in running shoes and 9.5 in hunting boots, work boots etc., so i bought 9.5 in these and they fit perfect. i have not had an issue with waterproofness but i understand it takes a few miles to know if they will withstand.

if anyone has questions i will try and answer them. and i will try and add pictures throughout this thread as i continue to wear these boots.

Ive been wearing mine all turkey season and am very impressed. Comfortable, stiff, and so far completely waterproof even standing in a creek to test them. Hopefully they continue to work well for you.

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I've been trying to decide between the Hunter GV:
asolo-hunter-gv-gore-tex-boots-waterproof-for-men-in-tundra_p_212gv_01_460.2.jpg

And the Hunter GV Extremes:
asolo-hunter-extreme-gv-gore-tex-hunting-boots-for-men-in-tundra_p_404dx_01_460.3.jpg

I don't want too much support to the point of hurting my ankles but I want to get something that will compliment a super lightweight pair of boots so I can pack 2 pairs when we're not going in very deep. Any advice?

CJF

WKR
I had ordered a pair of the extremes and really liked everything about them except the lacing system. Why they put eyelets on the top and not hooks i do not know. It made lacing a painstaking process and I was not willing to endure it.

OP
Luziana Feller

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
Update

I've been wearing these alot around the house, working at my camp and training. They break in really well. Still great support when side hilling and on sketchy terrain. Honestly the factory insoles arent THAT bad. I've worn them 10+ hours without any issues. Throw a 40 lbs pack on and that might change. I'm also a pretty light guy at 160 lbs and I have really tough feet from years of trail running.

I still have not treated the boots with anything but they are still 100% waterproof. I should probably show them some love soon though.

I'll give another update when I see fit...

JP100

WKR
They are some of the best allround boots you can buy.
Been using Asolo for years and they are great.

Just as good as the other top european brands, but often alot cheaper