Asking for advice on vibration noise

JasonWi

WKR
Hello:

My hunting partner just texted with a short video and his 2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder turbo has an odd vibration sound coming from the top cam.

The screws in cams are tight. The cable stop is tight. Both e clips are good. I have the video but it won’t let me post it.

We’re assuming it’s coming from where the cam meets the axle. Is there ball bearings in there? Is it a cam replacement or can you replace individual parts?

I can text the video to anyone if that might help answer the question better

Tks in advance!

Marble

WKR
Any bow shop could put new axles in and see if that solves it. If it's a good shop they will have probably have heard the noise before and know exactly what needs replacing.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
JasonWi

JasonWi

WKR
Tks for the reply.

We’ve been doing all our own bow tuning and setup this year and it hadn’t been occurring until today.

It certainly seems like that’s where the sound is coming from. The bow/cams have never been taken apart or serviced since he bought it, so I suspect it’s simply worn out bushings or bearings.

OR Archer

WKR
Jason do you still have my number? If so text me the video. If not PM and I’ll give you me number again

Chris

Sled

WKR
I had the top axle bearing go out on my old mission ballistic (2013) a few years back. It was during a shooting session and very noticable. It went from smooth and quiet one shot, to a sharp rattle/vibration the next. I had the shop change the bearing and the noise went away. Unfortunately for me, the tech blew my bow up when putting it back together. It was never the same after that.

Jethro

WKR
I have had top and bottom bearings replaced on my 2013 Spyder 34. Made vibrating rattle noise. Was told dust cap comes loose on bearing and causes the vibration. It caused no performance issue and the bearing still spun true and silent. But if I would tap on my limbs it would cause a tune fork type vibration.

Warranty work, no cost. Had it done 2 years ago.