Arrows for Mathew's Traverse - Cabela's Stalker Xtreme?

BigWoods

WKR
I have a Mathew's Traverse (29" draw/ 70lbs) on order that should arrive mid February, so I'm trying to do some research into a high-value arrow that will perform well for practice, whitetail and possible black bear. Shots on game will likely be under 40 yards but I'm hoping to stretch practice out to double that or more (we'll see how that goes!).

Cabela's sells their Stalker Xtreme arrows with a 340 spine and .003 straightness for $88/dozen. My understanding is that these are the same arrow as the Beman ICS Hunter Classic. Does anyone have experience with these or recommendations for other arrows I should take a hard look at?

OR Archer

WKR
Use a 300 spine in what ever arrow you choose for that bow in those specs. You’ll have better results tuning.

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR
OR Archer; Thanks for the input on the spine! There is a decent chance that I'll back the weight off a bit to ~67lbs; would you say the 300 spine would still be best?

It looks like Beman makes the Hunter Classic in a 300 spine and the local archery shop has them for around $100/12.

Easton carbon aftermath, H size arrow. I believe the same as Cabelas outfitter arrows, the ones they sold with their outfitter camo on them.

I've shot a pile of those arrows. Perty sure they are Beman ICS.
300 spine. You'll be fine. Animals hate them!!! HA

Zac

WKR
If you're only shooting out to 40 yards you might want to use something with a heavier gpi like an FMJ or a Day6.