Arrow Spine...

To the spine charts the girlfriend should be shooting between a 600-500 spine arrow. 24" arrow, roughly 40lb + draw.
I have some Victory V -Forces 350 spine I'm wanting to cut to her length.... What is the down side to her shooting a much stiffer spine?
Thanks!

GregB

WKR
The only issue I've had with running too stiff a spine is I could not get my broadheads to tune with my field points.

Grizz

FNG
What bow is she shooting? I plan my arrows using SFA and they usually end up a little stiffer than suggested with no issues.

I am currently tuning a 43#@26” bow to use for testing this spring. Get a ton of questions like this. One difference, I am shooting 525-650 grainers with 300-400 up front. Darts..but the tuning has been interesting.
Grab your jaw, its gonna be ok.
With very, very, stiff and short arrows, if you are shooting standard inserts, FP 100-125 and total weight around 350-400 “skeet load” , they just can get wonky and constantly misbehave. I had significant trouble with my boys bows 10 years ago when I cut my arrows down just to get them shooting. Basically, the same setup you mention. If they don’t fly, accuracy suffers and your new bow hunter thinks this sucks.
I’d go get a couple 500’s from the local shop and some 200 grain field points from Ethics Archey and start there.
Forgot -
I was able to put 100 grain inserts and 150 grain heads in some 28.5” ICS 400s, and get them to fly ok on my sons stuff - 40#@25”. He’s 5’10” now.
I’ll post on this little bow “Project Dik Dik”. At 150 FPS some pigs gonna be insulted to death.