Arrow building/Blitzenburg.

Amincey34

FNG
Hey guys! New here and even newer to arrow building, having a hard time finding an in depth video or book to read about arrow building I have the tools all assembled everything I think I’ll need and then some. Just hoping someone has a video or suggestion they can throw my way! Much thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

Amincey34

FNG
I imagine there should be something on Youtube.

]

I have watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and just can’t seem to find one that takes the time to truly elaborate on the key points or set up. I was hoping someone had found one they use religiously or stood out! Might be wasting some peoples time. I hope not!

hiker270

WKR
I imagine if you ask a half dozen guys how they fletch arrows you'll get a half dozen answers. I suggest just give it a shot. I've been fletching arrows for decades and it went from wood to aluminum to carbon. It was all trial and error with different glue, and fletching to different ways to prep arrows. Heck I still change so things occasionally. If something don't suit me I remove the vanes and start over.

MattB

WKR
Assembling arrows is not difficult. There are plenty of threads on this forum which elaborate on the process. My most useful advice would be to acquaint yourself with the search “function”.

OP
A

Amincey34

FNG
Assembling arrows is not difficult. There are plenty of threads on this forum which elaborate on the process. My most useful advice would be to acquaint yourself with the search “function”.

Thanks man, this is probably the move. This app is slightly confusing to learn for sure.

Here's a good step by step guide @doncarpenter posted a while back:

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at the John Dudley video on arrow building. After that, just give it a go and see how you like the results. Your second half dozen will be better than your first, and your third even better than your second. Suggest you use arrow wraps so that if you dont like how it turned out, you can just plunge them in boiling water and easily peel the wrap+fletching off and start over. Essential to follow the recommendations of the vane manufacturer in terms of glue, primer pen, etc, so that you get good adhesion. I also rub my wraps (after they are wrapped on the arrow shaft) really well with rubbing alcohol before I glue vanes on so as to make sure they are extra clean. I have been fletching my own arrows for about five years, roughly two or three dozen a year, and if I follow vane manufacturers recommendations I get excellent vane adhesion (cannot pull them off with pliars).