Arrow build recommendations

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for arrow build recommendations. I will be using it in a VXR 28. Draw length is 28.5. I have 75lb mods currently but since I’m getting older I’m thinking about dropping down to about 67lbs. I also plan to use iron will wide 100 series heads. Looking to get somewhere around 485-500 grains. I currently have vap elite that I shoot out of a Mathews chill (used them on a triax before that). They weigh in at 535 grains. Other than elites I will have to order off the internet because I don’t have a shop around here that carries much. I would also like to stay with a micro diameter shaft. So what would you guys recommend? Also if you need any other info please let me know. These will be used for tree stand hunting whitetails this year but hopefully get to make it out west next year. Thanks for any help or info you guys can give.

Zac

WKR
Well you need to figure out your draw weight first. There is a giant difference in reccomended spine between 67 and 75 lbs. My guess is if you dropped to 67 lbs the right spined VAP would easily land you in your desired weight range. I would advise against a micro so I don't have alot of advice for you, however Victory does make one of the better ones. Just the components that turn me off. If you wan't the best possible micro set up you could go with Valkyrie. Otherwise your standard crappy components will probably work okay for white tails.

If you know you’re going to 67 lbs. build for that. If you’re not sure yet, I’d say build for 75 lbs. You’re more likely to be able to shoot a stiffer arrow than a weaker arrow. Also, the stiffer arrow may make it easier to get to your desired total arrow weight.

What’s your carbon-to-carbon arrow length now? When you say “micro diameter”, I’m assuming that you are referring to .166” since you currently shoot the VAP Elites. If you’re open to .204”, the component structure gets a little beefier, and you may have more options with arrow weight.

Are you building these arrows yourself or a custom order?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk