Arizona Late Season Rifle Clothing Set-up

Benjblt

WKR
So I drew a December 1st to 7th late season AZ rifle tag. Either in 7W, near Flagstaff, or in unit 27 near New Mexico. It seems like you can get vastly different weather in either place in early December. I have light puffies like the Kuiu Ultra Down and the Kenai but no heavy insulation like the Kuiu Super Down Pro nor do I have inuslated overpants. Do you think any of that would be necassary. . or even just an added benefit? How cold does it get that time of year in these areas of Arizona? I know I could get by but it seems like everyone raves about the Super Down Pro and it's twice as warm as the ultra. I'm open to other suggestions as well. I'm also thinking about the Black Ovis puffy pants.

BBob

WKR
You could very well need heavier down than the Ultra at that time of year. I wouldn't count on just having my Ultra Down, I'd be packing the Super for sure and my down pants as options. I can get by with Ultra pant weight.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I live in the White Mountains (next to 27). It can be below zero in the morning with a high in the 20’s that time of year…..or it can be in the 40’s. Pack for the worst
Good to know. I think I'll go for the Super Down.

Fishmaster196

Lil-Rokslider
Go for the Superdown and pack it in with you. I was in 27 for the late hunt last year and it was cold in the mornings and in the 40’s in the afternoon. Layers are your friend. I love the zip off Superdown and the zip off merino long John’s so you don’t have to take your boots off.
Have fun! I’m sure you’ll love it!