Arizona GMU 43A Desert Sheep

CorbLand

WKR
First year applying in Arizona and am looking at applying for the 43A desert sheep tag. I have never been down that far West but did spend some time in South East of there last year with a family member.

Anyone that has hunted or been down that way shoot me a PM. I would like to pick your brain about access, terrain, what to expect, etc.

43B also intrigues me.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curious but with the draw odds as they are for desert sheep, isn't this putting the cart before the horse?

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
Curious but with the draw odds as they are for desert sheep, isn't this putting the cart before the horse?

Good luck

If he didnt there would be a slew of comments saying "why didnt you do your research if you are putting in for the tag".....

Its a damned if you do and damned if you dont place sometimes.

OP
CorbLand

CorbLand

WKR

Good luck

Yes and no. I will never catch max point at this point so my only hope is to get one in the random. Based on that, I better be putting in for a unit that I want to hunt.

I have found its better to do the homework before the test. Personally, I would way rather see these threads than, "I drew but dont even know how to get to the unit" threads we see every year.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes and no. I will never catch max point at this point so my only hope is to get one in the random. Based on that, I better be putting in for a unit that I want to hunt.

I have found its better to do the homework before the test. Personally, I would way rather see these threads than, "I drew but dont even know how to get to the unit" threads we see every year.
I get it, but you have less than a single percentage (likely less than .5) to draw, so just seemed a bit futile to me. Carry on

BBob

WKR
Draw odds in the neighborhood of <.01% for NR with 0-7 points. 4 tags per hunt so good to go for NR draw.

Last edited:
OP
CorbLand

CorbLand

WKR
I get it, but you have less than a single percentage (likely less than .5) to draw, so just seemed a bit futile to me. Carry on

psrez.jpg

I get it too but I watched a family member pull four tags last year, all with similar draw odds. If he can do it four times in one year, I can hope to pull it off once in my life.

I am looking purely at the random side of things, there is no ability to predict it. Do I think that I will draw? Nope. Would I rather take some time and do some homework before I put myself in for it? Yep.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 553285

I get it too but I watched a family member pull four tags last year, all with similar draw odds. If he can do it four times in one year, I can hope to pull it off once in my life.

I am looking purely at the random side of things, there is no ability to predict it. Do I think that I will draw? Nope. Would I rather take some time and do some homework before I put myself in for it? Yep.
Sorry to derail was just curious.