Arizona Coues country spotter advise.

Chells83

FNG
Drew a tag for early Nov in unit 29 . Looking for advise on a spotting scope. Price range around $500. Also wondering what size spotter is normally used.
-thanks!

OP
C

Chells83

FNG
Leica duovid 10+15x50. My brother is coming along and he has GPO 10x42.

Most guys run something like swaro 15s. If you have good 15s then use at least an 80mm spotter, or no spotter at all.

Esau

FNG
I’ve used swaro 15s for 10+ years and never used a spotter. But you must glass through your binos with a tripod. It will help you spot more coues deer and there little movements. So I would just use your Leicas and if you don’t have a good tripod and fluid head spend the 500$ on that.

BBob

WKR
You'll find anything from no spotter up to say 95mm BTX so I wouldn't say anything is the norm. On that note I would say a spotter isn't an absolute requirement to hunt Coues and be successful and I'd also say the majority of people I see don't have any sort of spotter. I'd bank that $$ and save for higher quality down the road.

OP
C

Chells83

FNG
Thanks for the info fellas. Might go in together for a nice set of 15x binos for my brother!

blazinta

FNG
Classified Approved
I wouldn't worry about getting your brother new binos without addressing the spotter situation... i would personally save up and try to get a vortex razr hd spotter. The higher the magnification the better.

OP
C

Chells83

FNG
I wouldn't worry about getting your brother new binos without addressing the spotter situation... i would personally save up and try to get a vortex razr hd spotter. The higher the magnification the better.
Thanks, seems like we have some choices to make! I have a friend who would let me borrow his spotter but I'm pretty hard on my equipment so that's probably a bad idea! Lol