Are we alone in the universe

Yarak

WKR
With all the UFO/UAP shows that are popping up on tv we have to ask the question Are we alone in the universe ?
With so many sightings of unexplained things could it mean we are being invaded from outer space or could it mean that a technologically advanced country has secret projects that have yet to be revealed to the public ?

madgrad02

WKR
Given the expansiveness of space, I think it's naive to assume we're the only planet that supports "life". Every star in the nighttime sky is essentially the sun to another potential solar system. Just going off a statistical standpoint, think is highly unlikely we're the only life form.

fatlander

WKR

I don’t really see why a species advanced enough to get here would waste their time coming here. And then incompetently hide and act elusive. To my way of thinking it’s laughable.

Do toads in Borneo know they’re being studied and observed? Why would a life-form with technology and intelligence (likely) beyond our comprehension be any different to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, to say that we are the only life form in the universe, would be a mathematical impossibility.
So why haven't they contacted us? My guess, two reasons.

1. The don't have the technology, basically cave men.
2. They're all dead.

In the case of reason #2, just look at our planet.
Been around for billions of years, mankind maybe a million, technology to communicate through space less than a hundred. With our technology, we also have the ability to destroy our planet a hundred times over. By the time we're able to travel the speed of light, we might not have a planet.

Then there has to be two civilizations somewhat able, at the same time. It's a small window of time for someone half a universe away waiting to hear from us. By the time they start receiving the Andy Griffith show, our planet just might look like Mars.

ODB

WKR
I hope there is life elsewhere. I would find it an awful waste of time and material to create a universe that is essentially incomprehensible in size and complexity and then fill it with life on a scale so small as to be, in essence, nonexistent.

I would say there is other life out there. Maybe some form of it we cant understand or is just completely different.

May be a good reason that other life might be so far away we cant ever reach it or it us.

I have also pondered that we might be the first and destined to branch out over the millions of years. While we continue to evolve.

I sell warehouses and kill deer so what really could I know.

Pdzoller

WKR
Do toads in Borneo know they’re being studied and observed? Why would a life-form with technology and intelligence (likely) beyond our comprehension be any different to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t disagree with that. I don’t think the ufo’s people see are extraterrestrial in nature though. I don’t think it’s likely they would waste their time on us. If they did I don’t think we would have any clue we were being studied. But what do I know. 🤷🏼‍♂️

With all the UFO/UAP shows that are popping up on tv we have to ask the question Are we alone in the universe ?
With so many sightings of unexplained things could it mean we are being invaded from outer space or could it mean that a technologically advanced country has secret projects that have yet to be revealed to the public ?

Your title and your question are two different things.

Are we alone in the universe? Nobody can be certain based on what we actually know.

Are aliens visiting earth? Definitely no evidence to confirm that, yet. And the high tech being observed could be real objects or could be artifacts of the electronics that observe them. Until we have an actual object, we cannot be certain.

If I were to guess, I would say self-replicating "life" is almost inevitable, as it's just a product of how chemistry and physics work in the universe. Intelligent life? Who knows? In 4 billion years as far as we can tell life only evolved once here, and we have excellent conditions for it. Life that could visit us? I would say unlikely just based on the vast spans of time and space in the universe. Not only would they need to master space travel, they would need to do during a time precisely corresponding to the small window of existence of the human race, where we could observe them electronically (based on current sightings). Right now that window is 0.0000002832% of the age of the universe, or one slice out of 500,000,000 slices of time.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
It is likely we are not alone in the vastness of the universe, but doubtful we will ever know for certain. After all the billions spent by SETI and other research groups searching for alien life, nothing other than the "WOW signal" in 1977, has ever been detected, and it was never detected agin. Given light speed travel is not possible, any beings traveling through space would take many, many generation of their kind to reach another planet with intelligent life forms, or life of any kind.