Archery hunting Region G

Anyone bow hunt Region G lately? I am curious how it was in regards to stalk opportunity. I know its a big area but is it generally a good area for stalking deer? When it comes to spot and stalk some areas are just good and some bad in my experience. Also wondering how the pressure is the first week of archery. I have heard the rifle season can be pretty crowded.

Donnie

FNG
Yes I was in that area elk hunting in 2022 3 different times I could have shot bucks over 150 with my bow

Anyone bow hunt Region G lately? I am curious how it was in regards to stalk opportunity. I know its a big area but is it generally a good area for stalking deer? When it comes to spot and stalk some areas are just good and some bad in my experience. Also wondering how the pressure is the first week of archery. I have heard the rifle season can be pretty crowded.

Was going to hunt it one time during archery and didn’t feel confident enough to do it. But I still had plans set so I still scouted during that time. And then just hunted rifle when it came it.

Low pressure. Good opportunities but depends on multitude of scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cwright5

FNG
Depends on the type of buck you are looking for, in the last few years tons of 150/160 type deer. With the winter we are having it could be a gamble. Most of the unit is big rugged country but is great for stalking deer in. The first week of archery you will see some guys but it will thin out until rifle season opens.

Depends on where you hunt. There are some areas that have no cover at all. Wide open for miles. Sneaking to bow range would be really hard. Other places, usually lower in elevation, have timber and are more suitable for stalking.

OP
MuleyFever
Depends on where you hunt. There are some areas that have no cover at all. Wide open for miles. Sneaking to bow range would be really hard. Other places, usually lower in elevation, have timber and are more suitable for stalking.

I wonder if the first week wouldnt be the best then. I can see the deer up in the higher open country until they shed.

I am floating the idea of going guided archery early then going back with a rifle on my own if needed.

Hard to argue with that strategy and I agree that the first week would be the best for stalking. I’ve spent a bit of time in there just north of Kemmerer and I’ve seen some big muleys over the years. While there would be more pressure early in bow season, I still think I’d be focused on that first week for sure. Good luck!

I know a good outfitter with room for a deer hynter if you’re interested. Two base camps. One drive to the other pack in. Super nice guy and hard working. Old school!