Archery Harvest Pics for sheep?

Do ewes count? Got lucky in 2022 and drew a ewe/lamb tag under a new season that was created. I've got a long ways to go on points so it'll likely be my only sheep hunt. Found a decent band of lambs and ewes just before archery season that got me motivated to do some further scouting with my bow. A few days of trying and learning their movement patterns and things came together. Think there was a good deal of luck involved too, but certainly one of the coolest hunts I've ever had.View attachment 510107View attachment 510108
That's one more sheep than I have taken. Congrats.

Dang, you guys are getting me all worked up. I have an archery tag this year. For you guys that have been successful, how many stalked from above the ram to get the shot? I feel like a guys odds go up drastically if they can get above the ram for the shot. I imagine they don’t look up too often, unless feeding???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, you guys are getting me all worked up. I have an archery tag this year. For you guys that have been successful, how many stalked from above the ram to get the shot? I feel like a guys odds go up drastically if they can get above the ram for the shot. I imagine they don’t look up too often, unless feeding???

For my ram we always came from the topside. Stalked him for 5 days. Got within 100 yards 4 days
Got winded one day
Missed him another day
Killed him sliding at him on a super steep open hillside with no cover. He never looked up

chasewild

WKR
Some dandy rams above! WOW!!!

I've been lucky enough to take 5 rams with my bow over the past 43 years of hunting them (23 tags if I am counting correctly). Two bighorns from CO, one Nevada NR Desert Bighorn, a British Columbia Stone...the first four rams were taken DIY. Also a guided (Canol Outfitters) NWT Dall to complete an Archery Grand Slam back in 2017.

Would love to see some old grainy pics if you got em.

For my ram we always came from the topside. Stalked him for 5 days. Got within 100 yards 4 days
Got winded one day
Missed him another day
Killed him sliding at him on a super steep open hillside with no cover. He never looked up

Thanks for the response, reaffirms what I’ve been thinking, how they don’t look up much and odds of success go up when stalking from above.

How old was that ram? 9 yo? Great looking ram.

Sandbrew

FNG
my ram1.jpg

My first big game animal with a bow and first bow hunt ever. I applied in an area with the best odds of drawing but very poor harvest success. I think there had been 2 rams killed in the previous 10 years with a bow in the unit. It took me 23 days of hunting to find legal rams. I only saw 2 rams in 30 + days overall scouting and hunting. Spotted him and buddy right before dark and stalked in from above the next morning and shot him at 38 yards. This sheep hunt sent me down a very long sheep trail that I'm still following today.