Archery elk Bosque Del Oso

Grange83

FNG
I received an email that I was next in line for archery tag in the bosque. I decided to accept. I haven’t found a lot of good info for archery hunting in there. Mostly negative comments. Had anyone hunted in there for elk during this season that has had any luck. Talked with Bob Holder and he said to get there early as I can. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Copied from the link above.

Do not make your first post asking for knowledge of certain areas. Every year the members of Rokslide see the same posts regurgitated over and over again that look something like this....... "Hey guys, I drew unit 1234567 tag and never been there where is the best spots to go?" 90% of the time, this is the user's FIRST post, and many times their last post as well, as they never return to post on the forum again. People are more likely to share information with people they somewhat trust, (as much trust as u can give someone on an online forum anyway) that they have seen contributing to the forum, posting and commenting for some time etc. I guarantee there is a difference in the amount and type of feedback someone gets who posts the above question as their 1st post vs someone posting the same questions and it's there 500th post. In general I’d say make an introduction post, some congratulations comments or thanks for any helpful info you find, use the like button instead posting something like “good, okay”. Show some enthusiasm and initiative towards the hunt your asking questions about also gratitude to those who answer. Oh, a trip report is a great way to show thanks to the guy who shared their information with you.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.
The expectation is that all Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.
Yes, it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

OP
G

Grange83

FNG
I understand what you’re saying. Just a little info about myself. I usually don’t hunt public land. I am fortunate enough to hunt a piece of property in unit 85. I have an archery tag for mule deer there this year. Will be splitting time between there and the bosque. Sorry if I offended anyone about asking for any past experiences there. I will let you guys know sept goes in that area.
Thanks

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
As stated a first post asking for unit specific info is a no no unfortunately but for good reason.

Do search RS and elsewhere for mentions of the hunt you have and Private Message the specific folks who seem to know your hunt. Hunting forums are a community. Earn and keep your place in the community by demonstrating your interest and participation is more than just having a special tag you want to fill. You might even have a good time.

For most hunt forums, RS and others, you have to participate a certain amount before even being able to Private Message folks. As it should be.

@Grange83 if willing to share, what caused you to never think to join/participate join RS before you had a special tag land in your pocket?

"I will let you guys know sept goes in that area." A very common sentiment for folks in your shoes and 98% never come back at all, which is why RS implemented the FNG specific rules. Why not continue to participate on RS and discuss scouting etc. and other hunt topics instead of planning to check back afterward?

OP
G

Grange83

FNG
Your right. Sorry that I joined. This isn’t a place for me. You guys have a great season. Good luck.