AR Scope Rings

Looking for some input on scope rings for an AR. Putting a Nikon 3-9x40 with a 1" tube on a PSA upper.

Should I go with a 1-piece like the Aero mount? Because it is a cheaper upper I don't want to have to lap the rings due to any inconsistencies in the pic rail.

The Aero mounts are decent for budget mounts and you really do want a cantilever on an AR15. That would be your best budget option.

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
The Aero mounts are decent for budget mounts and you really do want a cantilever on an AR15. That would be your best budget option.
Huh, never thought of Aero being a budget option. The ring fastening design is a little funky on it.

The Vortex cantilevered rings have good reviews on OpticsPlanet.

Huh, never thought of Aero being a budget option. The ring fastening design is a little funky on it.

The Vortex cantilevered rings have good reviews on OpticsPlanet.

Yes, sub $100 mounts are budget mounts. The good ones like NF, Badger, Geissele, and Spuhr start at $200 and go up to $500.

The vertically split rings are odd and some have issues with optics moving in them. It wouldn’t be my first choice but it would work for your setup.

The Vortex branded Seekins is a great mount and I’d absolutely buy one over the Aero.

If you want to stay in the same price range as the Aero and want alternatives look at the Burris mount which is also the same as the SWFA branded one, they work fine as well.

260madman

WKR
I’d take the Burris or SWFA for a budget mount. They’re heavy but they work. The Aero mount doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies but people use them and they seem to work.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
There are no flies on the Aero mounts, I use them with sub 15oz optics, anything heavier gets a Warne Cantilever because it is usually a 30mm scope.