Ar handguard ?

Need a new handguard for my 5.56 rifle. I mount a light and battery for scope on it.

I can’t get my aero one to time no matter how many shims or combinations .

What handguard you recommend without breaking the bank?

Thanks

OP
F
Are you talking about getting the barrel nut to time with the gas tube?

You should be able to adjust your barrel nut torque to get it lined up
Yep it’s the bar nut. In 30ft lbs - 45ft lbs won’t time for nothing. Tried all diff shim combos and tightening and loosening to stretch threads this and that. Nothing . Just going to get a new handguard with a normal nut

SloppyJ

WKR
I only have a few ARs. I used the enhanced aero guard on one and really like it. Stress on the handguard is less likely to tweak the barrel. However I think you need the matching upper to make that work.

The other one I have is a 4" YHM on a sbr PCC. I like it a lot. Got it on sale for super cheap too.

TxLite

WKR
Yep it’s the bar nut. In 30ft lbs - 45ft lbs won’t time for nothing. Tried all diff shim combos and tightening and loosening to stretch threads this and that. Nothing . Just going to get a new handguard with a normal nut
Weird. I did one the other day at 55 and everything went well. Seems like something should work

What rail do you have ?

I'm a fan boi of Midwest Industries and BCM rails. They can be had fairly cheap every few weeks from Primary Arms when they go on sale. You can also snag them for cheap I'm the ARF EE.

Halligan

FNG
I'll second Midwest, I think I snagged my Lightweight for about $150 during a brownell's sale.

The perk here is that there is no timing involved, as the rail clamps around the nut. Just torque to 40 in/lbs and slide on. I'll also add that it has been solid for me thus far.

If you can wait, black friday sales should be starting soon, no doubt you could find a good deal.