Apex vs Ambient Hoody

Bmarcks31

FNG
I have the apex hoody and like it but would like to drop some weight- the ambient is listed 7 oz lighter. Would be interested to hear any thoughts on perceived warmth, quietness (I primarily bowhunt), and durability of the two compared to one another, acknowledging that true field testing of the ambient is probably limited given it’s August….
Thanks

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
would like to hear about this too. from the marketing videos, the ambient will make me a sandwich while it guts my deer. I actually tried to order one last week but then it got cancelled (out of stock I guess).

I have neither, but reading the differences, the apex would be more quiet and more robust build which would less breathable.

The ambient is a solid piece but the face is not dead silent but it will move moisture better.

Non-sweaters will probably like the apex better for sweaters like me will like the ambient better….still waiting on some real life reviews from this season

OP
Bmarcks31

Bmarcks31

FNG
I contacted Sitka- this is what they wrote back:
The Ambient Jacket is going to be much warmer than the Apex hoody. The Ambient has 100grams of Primaloft Evolve insulation and is a great piece for chilly mornings and evenings on fall hunts or a good insulation layer for late season hunts.