Anything OTC still available?

Dunndm

WKR
This is a pretty broad question but does anyone know off the top of there head if there is any OTC tags still available for anything in CO, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Idaho, Utah or New Mexico?

I believe antelope is OTC in NM, but I haven’t seen anything saying yes or no. It’s not very direct. I’m on a road trip with my brother and we both want to try and hunt a couple different areas just can’t figure out if there’s any tags left.

We are both rifle hunting (.308).

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colorado has two OTC rifle elk seasons with unlimited tag sales, called second and third season.

Idaho normally sells out their NR OTC stuff months in advance.

I think NM is draw for everything unless you buy a landowner tag.

not sure on the other states.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
colorado has two OTC rifle elk seasons with unlimited tag sales, called second and third season.

Idaho normally sells out their NR OTC stuff months in advance.

I think NM is draw for everything unless you buy a landowner tag.

not sure on the other states.

Thank you, I saw the rifle tags for Colorado but the season sadly doesn’t open for another couple weeks. Unless I’m reading it wrong

you're probably reading it correctly. Archery is in for CO until the end of this month, that is also OTC for elk in most of the state.

if you want to hunt today, you probably need to go looking for hogs in TX, OK, etc.

Braaap

WKR
My buddy was able to buy a rifle elk tag in ID several days ago. Might give that a try.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
you're probably reading it correctly. Archery is in for CO until the end of this month, that is also OTC for elk in most of the state.

if you want to hunt today, you probably need to go looking for hogs in TX, OK, etc.

Ill have to look into hogs In those states OTC tags and hopefully find some public land in the 2 states. I know it’s limited but maybe I’ll get lucky haha

Laramie

WKR
Ill have to look into hogs In those states OTC tags and hopefully find some public land in the 2 states. I know it’s limited but maybe I’ll get lucky haha

Call in coyotes in Wyoming. No license required and it is a blast.

Public land hog hunting is pretty dang hard if you don't know what you are doing. Your best bet is to contact one of the hog hunting ranches. They are cheap and they raise your odds of success exponentially.

Wyoming has some doe deer licenses leftover. Most of the areas open for rifle October 1st but a person would need to look into specific opening dates for the areas with available permits.

Wyoming also has some cow elk permits left. Some of those cow hunts open for rifle as early as august so you might be able to hunt right now. Again, you would need to look into the specifics of each area with tags remaining. Keep in mind, anything leftover at this point probably has tough access issues.

CorbLand

WKR
Utah has some muzzleloader deer tags that open next week.

I know that Wyoming has some doe antelope tags in September but I am not sure what the dates are exactly.

Laramie

WKR
Utah has some muzzleloader deer tags that open next week.

I know that Wyoming has some doe antelope tags in September but I am not sure what the dates are exactly.
There are no doe antelope tags left to purchase in any area.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I’m looking into predator hunting now, as far as I can see most anything of larger game is all sold out, or it’s pretty much impossible to get onto public land to hunt.

Sadly I shipped my muzzle loader to my new home instead of traveling with it, so All I have is my .308 to hunt with.

I’d rather not “pay to play” for hogs. I feel like that’s just shooting pigs in a cage and not my type of hunting if I can avoid it. That’s a last resort for me

Laramie

WKR
I’m looking into predator hunting now, as far as I can see most anything of larger game is all sold out, or it’s pretty much impossible to get onto public land to hunt.

Sadly I shipped my muzzle loader to my new home instead of traveling with it, so All I have is my .308 to hunt with.

I’d rather not “pay to play” for hogs. I feel like that’s just shooting pigs in a cage and not my type of hunting if I can avoid it. That’s a last resort for me

Plenty of low fence hog ranches that are fun... but I understand where you are coming from.

sndmn11

WKR