Anyone wearing tall Sitka jackets?

Lambchop

Lil-Rokslider
I know it’s been brought up before but now that they have been out a little longer I’m looking for more feedback.

I am rite around 6’1” 205 (maybe 6’2” after the old lady drags me around all day). I’m looking to add the Mountain Jacket and possibly a Kelvin lite hoody. I typically wear XL in all my Sitka but most of that is baselayers, and run a pant with a 32/33 inseam. I recently picked up a mountain vest thinking I may like it but I have never been a vest guy so may send it back. I’m now questioning if I should get the jackets in XL or XLT. The length of the vest in the rear is pretty solid as it has a little drop hem but the front is so so. Standing straight up the front hits at the bottom of my belt to a little below it depending on what I have under the vest.

I know Sitka says the talls are 2 inches longer in the body and 1 inch in the sleeves. Anyone have any experience or worn the regular and the tall? Just looking for a little input and what you “average” height guys have found to work best.

Thanks

Last edited:
I just picked up a mountain jacket in XL tall. I am 6’3 250. It works. Most of my Sitka jacket are Xxl - jetstream, kelvin lt hoody. I found the xl a bit short in the sleeves. . They fit but had no room for layering so I went xxl. Xl tall seems perfect for me as long as I don’t want to layer underneath.

marktole

WKR
I am 6’, 190#, and use a jetstream in large tall. The added length of the tall keeps the jacket over my belt when I am crawling around on a stalk or sitting and glassing. Makes all the difference in the world to me keeping the drafts out.

I say if you’re in question in getting the tall, get it. If you don’t like it just send it back.

sr80

WKR
I'm 6'1 195 and wear a large tall jetstream. Jacket fits great. I had a size large a few yrs ago and it seemed wayyyy wayy smaller in every way. Not sure if they revamped their design a bit or if it's just because the tall version fits a bit roomier?

OP
L

Lambchop

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the input fellas. I am glad some people around my height chimmed in. I think I will go with the tall and if I don’t like them I can go ahead and send them back for exchange. I found the regular to fit well when standing, but in a sitting position leaned over on my knees like glassing or bent over like breaking down an animal it would probably be a little short. Im hoping it will have enough room to layer at least two maybe more layers under the Mountain.

OP
L

Lambchop

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my XLT Mountain Jacket in yesterday. Had a chance to try it on this morning and will probably be sending it back for an exchange or looking for something else. I love my Sitka stuff but the sizing of the jackets for me is a little off. The length in the body of the XLT jacket is awesome but man the sleeves are long for me. Arms to my sides the sleeves came down past my knuckle near the base of my fingers and with my arms straight out they came to just behind my knuckle.

Anyone have any suggestions for a lightweight DWR jacket that can take some abuse?