Anyone use or spent time with the FILBE bag?

Floorguy

WKR
I am not talking about the ILBE bag that was an internal frame pack. I am thinking about getting the new duplex coming out but was thinking about holding off on a kifaru bag for now and getting a surplus filbe bag off of eBay and rolling that for a season or two. I have seen pics of it mounted on a duplex, it looks like it rides high on the 26" stays but a grabbit could hold some things down lower. So anyone seen or use it before, thoughts?

LBFowler

WKR
It's clownshoes on a duplex. I think you are better off with a daypack, lid or hip pack in combination with a big dry bag on a duplex frame. It is super wide and sticks out pretty far behind you, neither efficient nor comfortable when placed up high. It's not the worst on a NICE frame but for a duplex I recommend a Sea2Summit big river dry bag.

OP
Floorguy

Floorguy

WKR
Well I am 5'7" and some shoes I wear a 12 . I had seen this picture below and it doesn't look like it stick to far out back. I am contemplating the emr II for bags when I do get a bag so which is wider. There aren't too many pics of the back view of the filbe fully loaded to go off of for width.the pack I had been using was a barneys with the hunter bag so it was wide and carried higher as well. Do you have any pics showing how wide it works out to be?

87321e51c9a381bef0c4d0abda8cf241.jpg

Last edited: