Anyone try SG's NEW Hydro Holster?

They just launched a new hydro holster meant to mount on the belt or other places. Has anyone picked on of these up yet?
Is it nice and secure on the belt and other places your have mounted it?
SG doesn't have many pictures of how it mounds etc on their site.I got their old hydrohoster and didnt like how it would move around.
Here is the link to the new one. https://www.stoneglacier.com/collections/accessories/products/2022-hydro-holster
The old one they are calling a hydro sling now.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

I've got 2 on the way. I'm sure they'll be great. I have a custom Nalgene holster from Rugged Stitches that is similar and has worked great for several years. These look like they might be a little lighter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
I try and keep weight off my hip belt if possible. A Nalgene of water is about 2.5 pounds. I think there are much better ways to manage hydration. Since it's SG, I'm sure its a quality product. I use the SG Bear Spray Holster and it's very well made.

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
I try and keep weight off my hip belt if possible. A Nalgene of water is about 2.5 pounds. I think there are much better ways to manage hydration. Since it's SG, I'm sure its a quality product. I use the SG Bear Spray Holster and it's very well made.
i use a camel back for most hunts but for quick short hunts, I like to just bring a small bottle.

I can't stand bladders and hoses, they always seem to leak or be a problem. I stay hydrated better with the ability to consume large quantities out of the Nalgene vs. a small hose mouthpiece. I never really notice the Nalgene on the hip belts, they seem to ride nicely.

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
I can't stand bladders and hoses, they always seem to leak or be a problem. I stay hydrated better with the ability to consume large quantities out of the Nalgene vs. a small hose mouthpiece. I never really notice the Nalgene on the hip belts, they seem to ride nicely.

Weird I use a $20 alps outdoors blatter, Ive never had a leak or anything, but I hear about that problem all the time.
For me I dont want to have to stop and drink, I like to move and take a sip while i going etc.
To each their own.

ljalberta

WKR
I run a Nalgene in a pocket on my hip belt. I can’t think of a single time I’ve ever had to stop to drink. On the contrary, you can walk right along and chug some water and throw it back in the pocket. I imagine if someone has difficulty drinking water from a bottle while walking at the same time, they might have bigger issues in the backcountry.

When I hit a creek it’s much quicker to fill than a bladder. Out of the pocket. Into the creek. And then I’m done 5 seconds later without ever thinking about unstrapping my pack. But some people prefer the bladders and more power to em.

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
I run a Nalgene in a pocket on my hip belt. I can’t think of a single time I’ve ever had to stop to drink. On the contrary, you can walk right along and chug some water and throw it back in the pocket. I imagine if someone has difficulty drinking water from a bottle while walking at the same time, they might have bigger issues in the backcountry.

When I hit a creek it’s much quicker to fill than a bladder. Out of the pocket. Into the creek. And then I’m done 5 seconds later without ever thinking about unstrapping my pack. But some people prefer the bladders and more power to em.
Yeah I should have clarified I guess, I don’t have a belt mounted bottle holder. Which is why I am interested in this one. In the past if I put a bottle in my pack, I would have to stop to open the bag to get the water.

Vandy321

WKR
Id buy @pods8 nalgene holder instead...support small business. Made in the USA. Now that Vista bought SG, it's not the same small business feel.

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
Id buy @pods8 nalgene holder instead...support small business. Made in the USA. Now that Vista bought SG, it's not the same small business feel.
I tried to buy one from him actually, as mentioned above.
But I also got to hang out with Jeff the CEO of SG for a weekend, and love to support him as much as possible as well, super awesome dude.
Great shooter too!

Vandy321

WKR
I tried to buy one from him actually, as mentioned above.
But I also got to hang out with Jeff the CEO of SG for a weekend, and love to support him as much as possible as well, super awesome dude.
Great shooter too!
Yeah, can't go wrong with either, I'm sure, the kifaru is very similar as well.

Vandal 44

WKR

I am not sure about this comment, guess I have a different opinion.

I stopped into SG office in Bozeman yesterday (working in Bozeman for the day)

I asked the guys if they could make A set of shoulder straps that with longer webbing so I could have an easier time getting the pack on and off or is it possible to retrofit my old shoulder strap.

The guys says we just came out with longer straps. Then couple more guy comes out and start asking me questions, one of them tell me if these new steps don’t work bring in your current straps and I can fix it the way you want.

I know SG sold but so far they are seem to be keeping that small business mentality. Great group of people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk