Anyone running the SO Courthouse? Looking for opinions

Plan: Kodiak bear hunt. Three people. Will have two sleeping tents and one additional tent for hanging out when weather is crappy and for cooking.

I like the idea of a lightweight wall tent and am thinking hard on the Seek Outside Courthouse, but just can’t pull the trigger on it yet. I don’t see many reviews on how it holds up to wind compared to a standard tipi or to my Kifaru Sawtooth. I like the Sawtooth, but it does “shrink” when it is pouring down rain, and is tight for 3 people. Thoughts?

bbrown

WKR
Took mine to Kodiak in August with a group of guys and it was a great spot to get out of the rain and bugs. It definitely doesn’t shed the wind as well as a tipi and take more maintenance keeping the guy lines tight with the spongy ground not holding stakes as well. I would definitely bring it as a group hang out/dinner shelter and plan for everyone to bring their own sleep tents. A couple short NRS cam strap around the pole pockets helps keep the poles from falling out when the tent “ballons” during high winds.

52E742A0-ACD8-4BD4-AA9B-6418F70D5144.jpeg6D6AF78A-1A80-4551-A82B-55C7C09D553C.jpeg
F7F99550-58C2-424F-AD41-8057C195FC75.jpeg

OP
Greyinggrayling
Looks similar to the set up I had in mind. Bear fence, sleeping tents, sitting tent.
Anyone have a Seek Outside coupon code in their pocket?

OP
Greyinggrayling
Does adding the liner significantly reduce the utilizable space?
When I use the Sawtooth with the liner, it sags just enough to be a bit annoying.

bbrown

WKR
Does adding the liner significantly reduce the utilizable space?
When I use the Sawtooth with the liner, it sags just enough to be a bit annoying.
Basically the same in the Courthouse. Feel like it takes up less space than a liner in my old 8-man tipi. Definitely worth having and don’t plan to ever remove it for my uses

Montucky

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve stayed a few nights in the CourtHouse. It’s awesome alternative to a wall tent. Super versatile shelter with lots of room. Definitely get the liner if you’re taking it to Kodiak

OP
Greyinggrayling
I’ve stayed a few nights in the CourtHouse. It’s awesome alternative to a wall tent. Super versatile shelter with lots of room. Definitely get the liner if you’re taking it to Kodiak
I certainly will get a liner.
The first time we used the Sawtooth, it was without the liner to save weight. Dripped on us inside the tent all night while trying to sleep. And this was at about 35% humidity.
Any time we take the Sawtooth now, we take the liner.