Anyone know an August Hunt? I have leave to burn….Tennessee?

jakeaba

FNG
Hey all, I have to use up a bunch of leave before October 1st or I’ll lose it. I’m Planning on a sept trip to Washington in September but was looking around for a hunt to do in august as well. I’d like to make it a driving trip from New Orleans. So far I’ve only found a weekend hunt in Tennessee last week of august on select WMA units with CWD.

Pretty sure that’s it , but if anyone has other info I’d appreciate it! Also, has anyone hunted this early CWD Archery weekend in Tennessee? Is it a total madness of a weekend or are hunters sparse?

Thanks!

Jacob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, I have to use up a bunch of leave before October 1st or I’ll lose it. I’m Planning on a sept trip to Washington in September but was looking around for a hunt to do in august as well. I’d like to make it a driving trip from New Orleans. So far I’ve only found a weekend hunt in Tennessee last week of august on select WMA units with CWD.

Pretty sure that’s it , but if anyone has other info I’d appreciate it! Also, has anyone hunted this early CWD Archery weekend in Tennessee? Is it a total madness of a weekend or are hunters sparse?

Thanks!

Jacob

If you can find private land, that whole weekend is open to the velvet hunt. In the cwd zone the regulations are much different than the state. I’m in, but don’t hunt the cwd side.

OP
jakeaba

jakeaba

FNG
Great info, thanks! Nothing better than heat and bugs in the early season!

OP
jakeaba

jakeaba

FNG
Thanks all! I’m gonna try and stick to driving from Nola so Tennessee may be the only one, short 3 day window to get it done but I enjoy a challenge

OP
jakeaba

jakeaba

FNG
Great idea, appreciate it!

Why is it that it’s usually the warm states that decide to have hunting seasons in the summer?
Too many deer at least in my area of Kentucky and I think ky went earlier season because people wanted to kill a buck in velvet. I’ve killed one not worth it lol it’s kind of a hassle to take care of.