Anyone here got coaching at RMSG?

cck311

FNG
I'm looking at scheduling some time when I'm in the area during the first week of October. I just enrolled in the solid archery mechanics course as well. After a year and half of trying to self teach and still absolutely sucking with very little progress, I figure it is time to start anew and build a good base with a good mentor and start doing things right. Curious to hear about experiences from anyone else who has done the course or had in person training at RMSG.

dlee56

WKR
It's going to 100% change the game for you. I went in totally green looking to buy my first trad bow and by the time I left I was shooting 2" groups at 20 yds, same day. Of course it takes a lot to maintain that but the online course will be way more useful for that once you get a foundation set with those guys too.

Fire_9

WKR
I was in Denver for a week long work trains and spent two nights in there. One with Tom and one with Alex. It’s the best $100 I’ve spent on anything archery related…

TX_Diver

WKR
I met Tom at a local clinic and then followed up with a private lesson on a trip to Denver later in the year.

Money well spent. Highly recommend.

sndmn11

WKR
@KickinNDishin has done a handful of lessons with Tom, I will see if she can pipe in when we get back. My brother started shooting a bow this year, and he had never held one until lessons with Tom.

I can't think of any reason one wouldn't jump at the opportunity, especially for trad shooters.

Geewhiz

WKR
I flew to denver (wheat ridge) and spent a day 1 on 1 with Tom. I was brand new to trad at the time and wanted to get a solid foundation before I started building bad habits. I would say it was worth the time and money. The guy knows his stuff.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I was just passing through and stopped in. Alex made time for me and in just under 2hrs I was shooting a lot better (trad). Would absolutely recommend.

I live here in town. I went in about a week ago and Tom really helped me out. He corrected these little things that would have been impossible by myself to even realize. . 100% worth it. Example: i was torquing the hell out of the string at anchor and didn’t know it. Tom had me tightly tuck my string hand pinky finger into my hand, which caused the string to be more inline at anchor. It was also super cool to have him tell me all the things i was doing correctly. Confidence booster 1000%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steadman

WKR
Tom is one of the most stand up guys on the planet. Have known him for a couple decade’s now. He will definitely help with anything you might need. Go see him or Alex you won’t regret it.

Mpaschke7

FNG
I bought a bow from there a few years back. Tom helped me get it set up and shooting at their range. I only got about an hour there but it really helped. Wish I lived a little closer, I would love to spend more time there.

OP
C

cck311

FNG
Hey guys,
Just figured I would give an update since I posted this thread. I have made huge improvements in my shooting since then. The lesson I had with Jerry at RMSG was fantastic, but I would attribute most of my improvement to the solid archery mechanics course. Sometimes I felt like the shooting style didnt fit me and I would try to do my own thing, but over time I always realize that Tom knows what he is talking about and my consistency is always better when I master what he teaches.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
@cck311 glad to hear you had a good experience and made some improvements. I wanted to chime in for people reading this thread in the future and strongly recommend lessons at RMSG. I've had two lessons with Alex, one as a noob and once after I had a full year of shooting under my belt, and both sessions were incredibly helpful.

Aaron W

Lil-Rokslider
Tom, his family and all the folks at RMSGear are amazing people. I can't say enough about how kind and passionate they are about archery.

Tom understands coaching. I have received formal and informal instruction from him over the years. He is always willing to help and genuinely cares about your progress. I am grateful to have a world class resource for traditional bowhunting so close by.

TX_Diver

WKR
I was able to spend some time with Tom earlier this week and he significantly Shrunk my groups by identifying and focusing on a few things (mainly issues with my release).

RMS gear is having a sale right now too for anyone looking to pickup some more gear. I got a few more of their BH and a dozen arrows.

nevadabugle

WKR
Classified Approved
I know this is an older thread, but yes instruction from Tom, Alex or anyone they recommend is money well spent. I have spent considerable time with them over the years. I have even been trained by Tom as a Level 2 instructor. I learned alot during that process as well.

To top it all off, you won't meet nicer people anywhere.