Anyone have experience with Goat Tur Carbon Pro knife?

rdp123

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,
Curious if anyone has experience with the Goat Knives Tur Carbon Pro. I've been looking for weight savings for some spring and summer backpacking trips, and that got me thinking about the upcoming mule deer season too. I've seen some good feedback about Goat Knives' disposable blade model, but I prefer a fixed blade. I haven't seen much commentary on it. I like that the goat would replace not just the fixed blade I normally carry, but also the wrench set I stick in my bag in case of bow issues. It seems like a smart design and an easy way to shave half a pound off my back. But it's also pricey, so I'm looking to hear form people who have used it whether they think the money was well spent. Did it hold an edge well? Do the allen keys work well enough to leave the wrench set at home? Did it stay in your pack the following season, or did you drop it in favor of something else?

If you have experience with it, please share. Thanks!

sndmn11

WKR
@Dioni A did a review that included that knife https://www.rokslide.com/modern-hunting-knife-shootout/

I am a steel junky and had one for a week or so. It seemed very well constructed and I would use it without a doubt if I wasn't waste deep in knives that I have made handles for. I thougth the blade stock was maybe a little too thick compared to similar caping sized blades I have and have used, but it surely was functional. I did not re-bevel, but I think I could have gotten that NitroV scalpel sharp, out of the box I think it needed some work. Had I kept it, I would have come up with a cork handle of some sort, the thin handle wouldn't have been to my liking. I think that the carbon handle isn't anything special and would prefer the skeleton version to store bits in there. I do like the concept of getting their skinner blade in addition, and think that would be a cool setup, but I would probably get the solid version of the Tur and the stand alone fleshing version.