Anyone carrying Swaro 15x56's in a bino harness?

mcseal2

WKR
I was thinking about skipping the 10x42's for scouting and only packing the big binos, spotter, and tripod. If I do this I want quick access to the 15x's. I know they won't be great for handheld use, but I can use them well enough for quick looks to get an idea of what a buck is if I jump one without time to get the tripod out. I can loop the lanyards of my trekking poles over each other and make a rest for them pretty fast also, kinda like I do for shooting from. Anyway just curious if anyone packed them this way or if they are to bulky to make it work well.

If anyone does this what harness do you use? I saw Alaskan Guide Creations makes one, who else?

Thanks!

Felix40

WKR
I dont have swaros but I pack my 15x56s like that all the time. Theres no issue using them off hand either.

Beendare

WKR
My buddy carries his big 15x Kaibabs in a harness for 3D shooting....and I've taken my 15x Vipers on a hunt to Kodiak in a harness. FWIW, I just can't handhold them still enough to really take advantage of the extra power. Maybe when I was 25 I could have...but not now approaching 60. My buddy braces his on his bow to steady them....which I did on that hunt too...but I like to pull up my binos a lot and those aren't conducive for that. I think I'm going to sell mine as I just won't/don't use them.

I do have the old Zeiss 15x60's that I use on a tripod but they are way too big for a harness, I carry over one shoulder.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Thanks everyone. I will always have my Geovid HD 10x42 binos with the rangefinder for actual hunting, but I'm thinking that for scouting this might work well. I won't be hand holding them nearly as much scouting, I'll run them off the tripod the majority of the time. It might help me drop some pack weight.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
I ended up choosing the FHF harness. I use the Kuiu for my 10x42's and like it, but I think I'll prefer this design for the binos I'll be putting on the tripod more often. It's the same size they recommend for my Leicas too if I ever choose to use it with them.

Thanks everyone.