Any Special Requirements to enter Canada?

Sako76

WKR
I'm going to New Foundland on a moose and Caribou hunt at the end of September, I asked the Outfitter if there was any special requirements ( other than the vaccines) and he said "no", just show up at the border with proof of vaccine.

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he was in Minnesota on a business trip and tried to enter Canada on a sightseeing trip and couldn't get in because some entry program on his phone didn't work.

I did a Google search and it looks like you need to use "ArrivCan". Has anyone used this or can confirm/deny that it needs to be used?

I guess I can call CBP in Maine?

Thanks

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Yes you need to use the arrivecan app.
You can download the app at anytime, but can only enter flight and travel info into it 72hrs prior to your arrival at the border.
I havnt used it since April when we came back from a holiday south of the border.
It was fairly straight forward, I would just highly recommend not waiting until you arrive at the border or the airport to try and upload your info.
Goodluck on your hunt.

MTmils

FNG
Following! I’m headed to BC in October for a moose hunt. I started this thread over at long range hunting forum. I got a lot of good info. Hopefully folks on here will chime in and help out.

Yes you need to use the arrivecan app.
You can download the app at anytime, but can only enter flight and travel info into it 72hrs prior to your arrival at the border.
I havnt used it since April when we came back from a holiday south of the border.
It was fairly straight forward, I would just highly recommend not waiting until you arrive at the border or the airport to try and upload your info.
Goodluck on your hunt.
This^
Plus, I'll add, No DUI history for anyone.

PA Hunter

WKR
You can upload your vaccinations & passport anytime but have to wait to enter travel info. Bunch of youtube videos on Arrivecan app. I will be up in Newfoundland first week Oct good kuck.

Local guy here was detained for a long time coming back across the border when he ask why they said they “have information” that he attended a Trump rally. He did attend a Trump rally however the tickets were given to him by a friend. He has a FFL and that was mentioned during the interrogation but I don’t know anymore details than he knows he has managed to get himself on a watch list for being a Trump supporter.