Any OTC Western Elk Hunts Available?

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't draw anything good this year. I am hitting at OTC Whitetail hunt in Idaho--but really looking for something more. Any decent OTC elk tags left that anyone is aware of? Looking for rifle at this point. Thanks!

Hammnit

FNG
Colorado has a ton of OTC units. 2nd and 3rd season rifle tags. Check out the harvest stats for last year for better than average units.

Northpark

WKR
CO otc with everyone else plus their brother, sister, aunts, uncles, and 2nd cousin billy bob. Lived in CO up until 2 years ago and lived in a small mountain town, elk season was always nuts there.

That being said you can hunt and kill elk it’s just more about guessing where the elk are gonna run when pressured than actually hunting elk.

CO otc with everyone else plus their brother, sister, aunts, uncles, and 2nd cousin billy bob. Lived in CO up until 2 years ago and lived in a small mountain town, elk season was always nuts there.

That being said you can hunt and kill elk it’s just more about guessing where the elk are gonna run when pressured than actually hunting elk.
Couldn’t have said it better myself!

OP
T

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider

Haven't hunted elk in CO in probably 15 years. What you said was my experience back then--I can only imagine what it is like now. I am someone that hunts and fishes for the purpose of getting AWAY from people--so that is not my cup of tea. I realize any OTC tag though is going to involve 'people'.

Maybe I should look into some landowner tags. I don't mind spending a little bit of money to have a better experience.

Northpark

WKR
That’s an easy one! My guess is they are going to run to private! 😉

50/50 shot there. Sometimes they run into the most horrible place you can possibly find 8 miles for the truck and 2000’ above it covered in a jackstrawed mess of dead lodgepole!