Any book recommendations for 17yo?

crich

WKR
So my nephew turns 17 Sunday and really is a great kid. He had a rough patch for a few years and turned into a very problematic, entitled, defiant, know it all little shit from about 13-16 and caused more grief for my sister than I can imagine, but there was a lot going on at home and his hormones took over im sure. Anyway, he has matured and really turned things around. Hes getting great grades, found his work ethic and is intrinsically motovated to do well instead of wanting a hand out for everything. He loves to weld and was accepted into a competitive welding program while working at a local fab shop for 40 hours a week during the summer just to learn. He has plans to get his own welding truck up and running and hit the Texas oil fields right after school and has been asking about IRAs and finance so the kid has come a long way from a few years ago.

Long story short Id like to give him a few books or even audio books to hopefully help him on his path to success after his senior year. Any suggestions?

OP
crich

crich

WKR
Thanks for all of the suggestions! Ive read a couple of these myelf they're good 👍

schmalzy

WKR
Extreme Ownership… thinking about making my 13 Year old read it.

I think this is one of the few leadership books that are really worth reading AND practical to immediately apply to any situation/stage of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
How to think like a Roman emperor
Marcus Aurelius’ meditations
Seneca’s letters from a stoic
The book of the five rings
Lymans 45th edition reloading manual

schmalzy

WKR
How to think like a Roman emperor
Marcus Aurelius’ meditations
Seneca’s letters from a stoic
The book of the five rings
Lymans 45th edition reloading manual

I received “Meditations” when I graduated high school from my uncle and it’s one of my post prized possessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk